Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Other

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • None.

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Right then. If the burst couch resigned and there was a general election tomorrow...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The only chance Labour have is if the Tories don’t bin of Johnson before the next election and then they work with Lib Dems and maybe the SNP whilst enough annoyed Tory voters vote for the Reform party

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Other - Lab / Lib coalition

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
A few years ago we didnt have a government here for about six months. I swear the weather was better and the birds were singing louder.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Booooooooooooooooo!

I hadn't looked at the news since early this morning, so when I saw this poll, I thought Christmas had come early!!!!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Other - Lab / Lib coalition

More likely to be Lab /SNP

if the Libs have enough seats to hold the balance of power they'll turn right again.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My immediate reaction is "anyone but this shower", but frankly we need meaningful change to the electoral system more than my government of choice. FPTP benefits only two parties and when either of them are filled with incompetents or extremists it is the electorate that suffers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
The biggest issue is the lack of opposition. Kier did initially seem like he was going to make a difference but his impact has slowed over the past 12 months

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My immediate reaction is "anyone but this shower", but frankly we need meaningful change to the electoral system more than my government of choice. FPTP benefits only two parties and when either of them are filled with incompetents or extremists it is the electorate that suffers.

I used to be opposed to coalitions but I can see the attraction now. There's a need to negotiate, to compromise and to tailor policies to suit a majority. The danger is when you get head banger parties holding the balance of power (yes, I'm looking at you Israel) but on the whole, I think you get better governments.

I'm not sure how we'd end FPTP though. The only way would be for Labour to adopt it as policy and enter into a formal arrangement with the LibDems - not sure Starmer's ready for that

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I used to be opposed to coalitions but I can see the attraction now. There's a need to negotiate, to compromise and to tailor policies to suit a majority. The danger is when you get head banger parties holding the balance of power (yes, I'm looking at you Israel) but on the whole, I think you get better governments.

I'm not sure how we'd end FPTP though. The only way would be for Labour to adopt it as policy and enter into a formal arrangement with the LibDems - not sure Starmer's ready for that

Although you do get head banger parties in coalitions, head banger policies do not get the go ahead as the policies tend to focus around the centre of the coalition, wherever that is.

Also, because the Governments do not change as much, longer term planning is possible. A few percentage points swing doesn't go from a huge majority one side to a diametrically opposing huge majority the other. 'Well we have to reverse the last 5 years policies, because everything they did is wrong :facepalm:'. Parties have to take long term responsibility.

And there would be more parties representing differing views. The various factions in the current Labour and Conservative parties are as a direct result of FPTP.

I believe it gives way to more consensual 'grown up' politics.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

FPTP. Isn't that the one the country voted pretty overwhelmingly not to change?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
FPTP. Isn't that the one the country voted pretty overwhelmingly not to change?
Yes, years ago before the days of both parties being taken over by cults and when the only alternative presented was a fudge and thus not a very good one. I'm sure you know that, however.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here