Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you ready for Christmas?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I hate this bloody question, as I've probably mentioned in previous years.

I've not been asked it this year yet and I've just realised why. I'm so unready I've not started Christmas shopping, and it's very often store assistants who ask as they're serving.

Anyway - is anyone here bloody ready for Christmas yet, or even close?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
25% ready I’d say. Some outdoor lights up, no Christmas tree yet, some presents bought but no where near all. Cheese footballs well stocked :)

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
Yes, presents all bought and wrapped. Christmas food on order or on a list to buy. Just need to marzipan and ice Christmas cake.
But then, I am a woman!

I used to work in M&S on lingerie, we used to laugh about all the men wandering around the store on Christmas Eve trying to find presents for their other half. Some were cheeky enough to ask if they bought some wrapping paper, would we wrap it for them!

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
25% ready I’d say. Some outdoor lights up, no Christmas tree yet, some presents bought but no where near all. Cheese footballs well stocked :)

The wife’s got the house lit up like a fúcking Christmas tree, Christmas trees lit up like Blackpool, and has spent something approaching the UK National debt on presents for the kids who’ve frankly been little shíts all year.

Proper humbug I know, but I’m not feeling it at all. Cynical times we live in.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
The wife’s got the house lit up like a fúcking Christmas tree, Christmas trees lit up like Blackpool, and has spent something approaching the UK National debt on presents for the kids who’ve frankly been little shíts all year.

Proper humbug I know, but I’m not feeling it at all. Cynical times we live in.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Ah, we're tree-ed up as of this evening, having finally made it our mutually-local garden centre.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Close, but I'm usually done by now. Still more presents to buy. I've got the tree & decs down from the loft but they haven't been joined together yet.
It all feels a bit 'meh', then Boris has just made it feel more 'meh' by giving me a sense of deja-vu.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
90% there. Picking up the tree from the Christmas Tree farm tomorrow. It can rest in the garage overnight to recover from the trauma of being cut from the ground, then it can go up on Friday. It will smell wonderful. Only a couple of small gifts and a bit of pre Christmas fresh food and dairy left to budget for. Time for a few Christmas movies starting with Bad Santa.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Fortunately it falls on the 25th again this year so yes I’m ready.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Decs not up, no tree yet, some presents bought/none wrapped. Nowhere near, but I have worked out the menu and associated shopping list for Xmas Eve and Xmas Day. Beef for Xmas day was ordered months ago - priorities, innit :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Tree and decs are up inside and out. I've pinned some new LED icicles round the front of the house which I'm mildly proud of, and the doris has done a good job on the tree as always.

Got a load of new tat to go over and in front of the fireplace, and under and around the TV. It literally takes me about 10 minutes now to switch everything off before going to bed. But I'm a sucker for this shit, it looks nice, and the 3 yo grandson loves it. Even bought a new 'train station' which lights up and see's a steam train shuffle around, with (optional) christmas music playing. Only £40 :facepalm:

The TAT we buy

Gifts are about 40% there, but its mostly online and I know what we're getting for family, so not much left to snort.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As ready as I want or need to be. I have never fathomed how people can be arsed each year. Year in, year out. It’s an immense faff. And it really doesn’t need to be. An hour in the supermarket and it’s done.
Have some nice food and treats in, go for walk after breakfast, nice lunch, film or a game and a laugh. Cheese board. Bed.
People really do turn into headless chickens with bottomless pockets at this time of year, buying crap that will end up in landfill by February.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Meh!!

Presents bought (mostly). Wack the tree up this weekend.

Organise food for Christmas day (which only the missus and I will eat).

Then endure 4 days away with the inlaws.

Mostly looking forward to flying to Brighton on Jan 4th . . . Got tickets for the Palace game on the 15th.

If you can all managed not to catch covid, that would be tremendously helpful.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Presents - yes. For just the second Xmas, I bought the vast majority in November, online in the main. Any delayed items now the fault of devious retailers who took the orders and didn’t mention huge lead times/issues at the time.

Tree & decs - up.

Food - will wait nearer the time for fresh fare.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As ready as I want or need to be. I have never fathomed how people can be arsed each year. Year in, year out. It’s an immense faff. And it really doesn’t need to be. An hour in the supermarket and it’s done.
Have some nice food and treats in, go for walk after breakfast, nice lunch, film or a game and a laugh. Cheese board. Bed.
People really do turn into headless chickens with bottomless pockets at this time of year, buying crap that will end up in landfill by February.

I think my current Avatar suggests that I might agree with you wholeheartedly.

I enjoy the three days of Christmas immensely, the month before and the few days after until 6 Jan can do one, along with the New Year :smile:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Beer ordered and delivered

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here