Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Spurs game postponed (CONFIRMED 09/12/2021)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
12:41: "The league wont be suspended,"
13:05: "But suspension of the league? No, very very unlikely as I see it."

Good back-tracking. Are you Boris Johnson?

Please note: I'm not saying it will be suspended, but I'm saying it's not the impossibility you stated before you changed your mind inside half an hour.

The PL made it clear last time they could not be tone deaf when the country was suffering so badly, and I don't see why that will have changed, should Omicron turn things into a shit-show again.

The other possible trigger point for suspension would be if multiple squads are decimated by infection all at once, rendering the competition farcical. Again, I'm not saying it will happen, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Yeah sure I could have added "with what I believe to be 99% certainty" in the first post but I just really saw it as something unnecessary to add. Last Wednesday I would have said "Dunk will start against Southampton", but obviously nothing is impossible - but I do leave it to the reader to understand that to any "will" or "wont" it isnt the absolute truth - there is always a slim chance it is wrong.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Ah… is this the covid forum in disguise?
..seems to have evolved from Sundays game to the rest of the season
I’ll move on

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Possible additional measures that could be brought in as part of those first two...

- masks in all areas, including in seats (again, as previously)
- no concourse services beyond toilets - pass straight through to seats

No sales of Alcohol, therefore all food & drinks to be consumed in seats?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No sales of Alcohol, therefore all food & drinks to be consumed in seats?

I have no idea.

Given Omicron's transmissibility, if we reach the point where there are concerns with crowds sharing indoor spaces, it strikes me as stopping concourse lingering as one way to try and maintain some crowd presence at games.

But given this wasn't utilised previously, I guess there's probably limited chance of it being used should there be a next time. Let's hope we don't have to find out.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Interesting the club are still tweeting as if it's going ahead................including within the last hour. Thought they would at least sit on the fence for now - sending out a clear message perhaps ??

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Interesting the club are still tweeting as if it's going ahead................including within the last hour. Thought they would at least sit on the fence for now - sending out a clear message perhaps ??

They've got tickets to sell – while it's still on, it's still on!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Almost certain social media messages are lined up in a scheduler days in advance. It’s what I do when I can be arsed (which isn’t very often).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Almost certain social media messages are lined up in a scheduler days in advance. It’s what I do when I can be arsed (which isn’t very often).

How do you know, in advance, if the team have gained a point or dropped two?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You'd think someone in the media team would have the common sense to stop them......................

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Leicester down 7 players due to COVID now.

Who is missing from their strongest side tonight? Looks reasonably close to me. They seem to count everyone in these numbers.

I would argue it looks like we will be missing 5/6 first choice players if we play on Sunday. Leics close to full strength tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here