Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Non-Alcoholic Beer Suggestions

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I have decided* to stop drinking but I'm really missing having a beer or two now and then. Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations for a tasty but piss weak beer? I used to drink lagers or ciders mostly but could appreciate a nice brown or amber ale. Or an IPA or a stout. Or a nice porter or a weisse beer. Or a Trappist beer. You know the sort of thing?

*my doctor and my wife have decided for me

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Big Drop do a good stout. Not tried the non alcoholic Guinness yet but have heard good things. I really like the Beavertown non alcoholic cans too, worth a go for a different hop experience to the Brewdog, but still very nice.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Guinness Zero if you can find it.

It's the nearest any brewer has come to matching the taste of the original and blows everything else away.

On the lager front Heineken Zero is very good, but most non alcoholic lagers taste the same and have an odd after taste.

If you don't like stout stick with the pale ales which are much much better as are the ciders.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yeah try Big Drop to. Or Lervig do some good AF craft beers. Think bottle & jug in Worthing stock it

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Guinness zero is very close to the original and for Pils Lidl or Aldi ones I have found are the best and £2.99 for 6 bottles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
I tried some Brooklyn Brewery non alcoholic lagers a few months ago, not bad cold from the fridge.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
This is a very subjective topic.

As mentioned above, I would recommend any of the Brewdog AF options plus Ghost Ship (which imo tastes better than the full strength version).

The best way though is to try some of those mentioned here and decide what works for you.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Guinness 0 is outstanding but not available anywhere!
Brewdog also good.
Whatever you don’t go anywhere near St Peter’s Ale, cool bottle, looks amazing in the glass, tastes like baked bean juice.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Guinness Zero if you can find it.

It's the nearest any brewer has come to matching the taste of the original and blows everything else away.

On the lager front Heineken Zero is very good, but most non alcoholic lagers taste the same and have an odd after taste.

If you don't like stout stick with the pale ales which are much much better as are the ciders.

Heineken zero is good. Wish you got it in draught rather than small cans or bottles.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Of the ones I’ve tried (Heineken, Becks, Bud Zero, Peroni and San Miguel) the San Miguel was the best. Literally no discernible difference in taste.

All the others were either tasteless, too fizzy or too different from their heavyweight brothers.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Brewdog also good.
Whatever you don’t go anywhere near St Peter’s Ale, cool bottle, looks amazing in the glass, tastes like baked bean juice.

Got Guinness 0 in Waitrose today. An extraordinary effort from them. Imperceptibly the same as the real beer!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brewdog also good.

If local waitrose doesn't sell it, buy online and collect the next day.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
All decent suggestions above. For me it's Adnams Ghost Ship 0.5% (Sainsbury's/Tesco). Very drinkable!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Another vote for Ghost Ship not bad at all.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
The only one I can drink in any quantity is Becks blue. Best nice and cold.

I've never been so disappointed as the time I found Punk IPA at £3.50 a 4 pack on holiday. Brought 12 cans and discovered it was Punk AF instead!

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
There’s some good ones out there now. My favourites at the moment (approx in order of preference).
Brooklyn special effects
Free Star light and refreshing IPA
Infinite session America pale ale
Guinness Zero
Birra Moretti zero

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here