Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we finish higher than 13th?

Will we finish higher than 13th?

• Yes

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • No

Votes: 70 56.9%

• Total voters

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Exactly 40 years ago today we beat Southampton 2-0 away to go 6th in the old First Division - until this season, our highest ever 'as it stands' league position. We were still 8th in March, after winning 1-0 at Anfield, but a pretty disastrous last 14 games of the season (W2, D2, L10), saw us finishing 13th. This remains our highest final position in the league to date. Will we beat it this season?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
As I see it, it depends on how many points Brighton are able to get compared to the other teams.

Over all of his career, GPs teams never picked up less points in the second half of the season compared to the first so we can hope that will be the case this season as well.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Brighton were also relegated the following season in 1983. Reminded me of Sheff Utd impressive 1st season in the Premier League before going down without much of a fight the following one.
As for the question, I would say it depends on the January transfer window, and maybe competition or partner for Maupay and Welbeck.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pound for pound I still just favour the 82 team over this one.

Difference is this time round we might kick on.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Brighton were also relegated the following season in 1983. Reminded me of Sheff Utd impressive 1st season in the Premier League before going down without much of a fight the following one.
As for the question, I would say it depends on the January transfer window, and maybe competition or partner for Maupay and Welbeck.

Actually four seasons in the top flight in the 80s. First season- struggled badly at first, but turned it round to finish 16th. Almost went down following season (won last four to stay up). Then Mike Bailey took over and we achieved our record highest positon, but as you say relegated the following year. I often think form in the second-half of a season is a good indicator of what's going to happen the next season.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Actually four seasons in the top flight in the 80s. First season- struggled badly at first, but turned it round to finish 16th. Almost went down following season (won last four to stay up). Then Mike Bailey took over and we achieved our record highest positon, but as you say relegated the following year. I often think form in the second-half of a season is a good indicator of what's going to happen the next season.

Yes, I know Brighton had four seasons in the top flight between 1979-1983. Just making a comparison to the last two seasons.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Worth remembering that the First Division was 22 clubs at the time.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Exactly 40 years ago today we beat Southampton 2-0 away to go 6th in the old First Division - until this season, our highest ever 'as it stands' league position. We were still 8th in March, after winning 1-0 at Anfield, but a pretty disastrous last 14 games of the season (W2, D2, L10), saw us finishing 13th. This remains our highest final position in the league to date. Will we beat it this season?

We won 1-0 at Wolves on September 22 1981 with an Andy Ritchie goal, which put us fifth in the table.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Not looking good is it? Currently on the longest run in the top flight without winning a game, the only PL club not to win a game in the last five :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately no.

The side is weaker than last season. 16th or 17th is par for the course. Anything better & we’ll be punching above our means

Weaker than last season? I don't think so!

Apart from White, whose departure was always part of the plan anyway, we moved on players we didn't need any more - the likes of Propper and Ryan - and got in Cucu, Mwepu, Sarmiento breaking through, Lamptey fit again, and young players like Moder and Mac Allister learning and maturing all the time.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Heart says YES it is going to happen ! :albion2:
Head says NO more chance of a politician telling the truth ! :facepalm:

Like a true albion fan i will go with my head while a little voice inside it is still whispering " go with your heart , you know you want to " !!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here