Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Oh Woe Is Me!

el punal

I have been dying for a Bloody Mary - no, not the Lewes woman/queen - for days. I’ve got the vodka, got the ice, got the celery salt, the Worcester sauce, the Tabasco sauce, all the trimmings, but no tomato juice!! None anywhere. Is this a local thing or are we afflicted throughout the nation? I have now managed to grab some Big Tom cocktail mix. Anyway, it’s done the trick so cheers everyone and happy days in these miserable times. :bigwave:

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I have been dying for a Bloody Mary - no, not the Lewes woman/queen - for days. I’ve got the vodka, got the ice, got the celery salt, the Worcester sauce, the Tabasco sauce, all the trimmings, but no tomato juice!! None anywhere. Is this a local thing or are we afflicted throughout the nation? I have now managed to grab some Big Tom cocktail mix. Anyway, it’s done the trick so cheers everyone and happy days in these miserable times. :bigwave:

Cocktail mixes are a ****ing disgrace. Use the real ingredients or wait till you can get them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Buy some tomatoes and juice them :thumbsup:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The juice from tinned tomatoes? Or you can order in bulk from Amazon to make sure you have enough juice to finish the vodka! :drink:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Love a Bloody Mary or a Caesar using clamato juice, also like making it with tequila rather than vodka

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After hating it forever, I've started craving Guinness..

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Tomato juice has been out of stock everywhere for several months. When I first noticed early in summer, I decided to stock up with our usual 2 or 3 cartons for Christmas, but they never reappeared. Like you a couple of Big Toms bottles was all I could get.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ooh. Must try that. When I was visiting my daughter in Mexico I tried Mezcal - distilled from cactus I believe, that was interesting.

Mezcal is just more generic……tequila can only be made from blue agave (and certain regions), but Mezcal from a wider range of agave……..does taste different though (and usually stronger than tequila). Locals stitched me right up on a night out when I was working there :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here