Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's press conference - 6 PM

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Look at the hysteria here. We have all just been thrown under the bus to try and save Boris's neck. They had no intention of launching plan B. Apparently only 3 cabinet ministers supported it earlier this week. Low and behold as soon as he's up S creek on the party story plan B lands almost immediately. And people are actually falling for it.
This, so feckin obvious.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
But - WTF - a negative latera flow test will also be acceptable. Just think about that!
So, 'no mate, I haven't got a Covid pass, but I took a lateral flow test before I came out' will be replied to thus 'That's fine sir, come on in'. Or will you have to take along that little plastic thing showing just one bar, and people will have to take your word for it that the test was taken an hour or two ago, not last week?

I had to pick up some tests from the chemist, you now have to get a 'collect code', so they can match your details to those of the tests. If I have to get a box of tests for someone else I have to get a code for them as well. I'll be honest and say I don't have a clue why it's needed but if someone was to go to all that hassle to get a box of tests, they'll probably take the test. :shrug:

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I was referring to the Sun article quoted rather than to any practices at The Amex (of which I have no knowledge or experience). Have they ever - and will they ever - check everyone properly?

I went to the GP at Silverstone which was one of the ‘test’ events- they did check everyone’s proof of test on the way in every day- it required a second set of security at every entry point- they checked the text / email (not sure they checked ID), then the next set of security checked tickets. So it is doable- but needs loads of extra staff - an extra ‘layer’ of staff at every entrance to check texts / emails / passes for every person.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
To be clear - a LFT result then has to be recorded on the NHS website, and then the person gets a text / email and that is what is presented to the venue as confirmation. Or at least that is how it worked when the ‘test events’ were running before the July removal of restrictions, in theory along with an ID check like a driving license.

A pre-event test is arguably the safe thing to do whether you are jabbed or not - as jabbed folk are carrying and spreading this thing too - so being jabbed is not reassurance that the person entering the event is not carrying covid and potentially contagious.

BJ said take a test before you go to a party to check, and that is everyone jabbed or not.

Which requires you to scan the QR code and tick the box that says negative. No way of knowing if you’ve actually done the test or not…

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Which requires you to scan the QR code and tick the box that says negative. No way of knowing if you’ve actually done the test or not…

What do you suggest ? Either way if you are double jabbed and even better had your booster you are very likely to suffer only a mild illness should you get infected

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Proof of a negative LFT test have been allowed at the Albion since the start of the season. As well as the Vaccine Pass.
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ce-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season/

Except there is no such thing as proof of a negative LFT. You simply go through the .gov page clicks, tell them you were negative, they text/email you back to confirm what you just told them. There's no 'proof' of a negative test at any stage in the process. Only proof that you went through the registration process.

Perhaps BJ can do the same self reporting regarding the parties? He tells everyone no such parties took place, he then gets a text/email back confirming no such parties took place.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can tell from your posts that you will not be happy until we are all firmly back in lockdown, you may well get your wish but there will be push back this time

The crodo account is entirely a 'comedy' account. He publishes 'hello' style polls and joke celebrity fan threads. His line on Covid is that we are all going to die if we don't take it all tremendously seriously. It's a joke. Not a very funny one, admittedly, and he has served a recent ban for being a tit on another thread. Just remind yourself when you read a post of his that his true view is likely to be the opposite of what he's posted. He will probably give me a thumbs up for this post. Slightly peculiar.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Precisely.

It's not a short form. As I said to someone above after going through the aggro to get the test, go through the aggro of filling out loads of info on the gov site, why would you not take the test? You don't even have to put it down your throat anymore. Stick it up your nose, put swab in fluid, drip fluid onto test strip and wait 15 mins. I really don't think there would be many people not bothering. Maybe I'm naïve by thinking that most people will do the right thing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It's not a short form. As I said to someone above after going through the aggro to get the test, go through the aggro of filling out loads of info on the gov site, why would you not take the test? You don't even have to put it down your throat anymore. Stick it up your nose, put swab in fluid, drip fluid onto test strip and wait 15 mins. I really don't think there would be many people not bothering. Maybe I'm naïve by thinking that most people will do the right thing.

It really is a short form, IF you register an account. Autofill will get you through the process in less than 2 minutes flat.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
The crodo account is entirely a 'comedy' account. He publishes 'hello' style polls and joke celebrity fan threads. His line on Covid is that we are all going to die if we don't take it all tremendously seriously. It's a joke. Not a very funny one, admittedly, and he has served a recent ban for being a tit on another thread. Just remind yourself when you read a post of his that his true view is likely to be the opposite of what he's posted. He will probably give me a thumbs up for this post. Slightly peculiar.

I told you this a while ago. You wasn’t having it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I think you are likely to be right. However I know of someone who had ordered and received some tests and was simply in too much of a hurry to do one before a game, on one occasion, but just declared it negative (fortunately they were negative). I can see some people doing this wholsale, especially as the kits are free. Perhaps even for 'a laugh'. We can see from the news how people can behave when they are more than two standard deviations from the mean on the bell curve.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Except there is no such thing as proof of a negative LFT. You simply go through the .gov page clicks, tell them you were negative, they text/email you back to confirm what you just told them. There's no 'proof' of a negative test at any stage in the process. Only proof that you went through the registration process.

Perhaps BJ can do the same self reporting regarding the parties? He tells everyone no such parties took place, he then gets a text/email back confirming no such parties took place.
I think your reasoning is great here.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
It really is a short form, IF you register an account. Autofill will get you through the process in less than 2 minutes flat.

Are you of the opinion that people who are going to fake lft's are going to bother setting up an account? I'm thinking of your average football attendee. I fill out a form 2x a week & still haven't got around to setting up an account. It just seems like a lot of hassle to fake a test, rather than just take the test & fill out the same forms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here