Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's press conference - 6 PM

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
But - WTF - a negative latera flow test will also be acceptable. Just think about that!
So, 'no mate, I haven't got a Covid pass, but I took a lateral flow test before I came out' will be replied to thus 'That's fine sir, come on in'. Or will you have to take along that little plastic thing showing just one bar, and people will have to take your word for it that the test was taken an hour or two ago, not last week?

Why oh why oh why..................................?

Why not have, "You must have a Covid pass to get in to venues. Full stop" - why does he have to say, "You must have a Covid pass - but if you haven't got one, a lateral flow test will do"?
Why not, "You must wear a mask in shops, buses, trains, etc." - why does he have to say, "You must wear a mask - but not if it makes you feel ucomfortable."

FFS! We know that the word 'must' sends cold shudders down the spine of our beloved PM [please note; I do sometimes use irony] but it's time he stiffened that bloody spine, shuddering or not, and learned to accept 'must' without having to immediately follow it with 'uness' or 'except'. Pathetic.
A bit harsh on people who cannot be vaccinated imo.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But - WTF - a negative latera flow test will also be acceptable. Just think about that!
So, 'no mate, I haven't got a Covid pass, but I took a lateral flow test before I came out' will be replied to thus 'That's fine sir, come on in'. Or will you have to take along that little plastic thing showing just one bar, and people will have to take your word for it that the test was taken an hour or two ago, not last week?

Probably won't even be as complex as having to offer the proof. You can probably just show the Govt text confirming the test was negative - whether it was or not because, of course, ****s can lie about it if they fancy going to the football regardless.

BHAboi

Jan 26, 2009
BHA
Can't really see how these measures are going to have any significant impact on the huge increase in Omicron cases.

I can tell from your posts that you will not be happy until we are all firmly back in lockdown, you may well get your wish but there will be push back this time

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A bit harsh on people who cannot be vaccinated imo.

A piddling minority who most likely haven't been out for 2 years anyway.

Don't make excuses for the useless ****

Sorry, not a dig at you, just BJ and tory incompetence makes my piss boil

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[tweet]1468652560928157702[/tweet]

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011

Why oh why oh why..................................?

Why not have, "You must have a Covid pass to get in to venues. Full stop" - why does he have to say, "You must have a Covid pass - but if you haven't got one, a lateral flow test will do"?
Why not, "You must wear a mask in shops, buses, trains, etc." - why does he have to say, "You must wear a mask - but not if it makes you feel ucomfortable."

FFS! We know that the word 'must' sends cold shudders down the spine of our beloved PM [please note; I do sometimes use irony] but it's time he stiffened that bloody spine, shuddering or not, and learned to accept 'must' without having to immediately follow it with 'uness' or 'except'. Pathetic.

To be clear - a LFT result then has to be recorded on the NHS website, and then the person gets a text / email and that is what is presented to the venue as confirmation. Or at least that is how it worked when the ‘test events’ were running before the July removal of restrictions, in theory along with an ID check like a driving license.

A pre-event test is arguably the safe thing to do whether you are jabbed or not - as jabbed folk are carrying and spreading this thing too - so being jabbed is not reassurance that the person entering the event is not carrying covid and potentially contagious.

BJ said take a test before you go to a party to check, and that is everyone jabbed or not.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
A piddling minority who most likely haven't been out for 2 years anyway.

Don't make excuses for the useless ****

Sorry, not a dig at you, just BJ and tory incompetence makes my piss boil
What are you on about? Full of the milk of human kindness I see. I am extremely pro vaccine and wish more people would choose vaccination. I think it's a good idea not to overly generalize and that we should protect minorities though. I am not making excuses for anyone who doesn't have a good reason to vaccinate. I think it is in everyone's interest and a public duty. No need to be salty.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Twice he was asked about the other parties being investigated, both times he dodged the question.

He NEVER answers questions. He just replies with a load of spin. He really isn’t a fit and proper person to lead this country. Man of no integrity who lives in a different world to the rest of us.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He’s whacked restrictions on the country and bringing in the idea of mandatory vaccine to divert attention away from a party.

****s the country to save his skin. Loool

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018

When you take a LFT you can scan the QR code on the little plastic thing and upload the details to the gov website and get a text (or maybe email) confirming the result. It will also appear in your NHS records as you use your NHS number. That will have a date on it - so you won't be able to use it multiple times. Whether the checks on entry to the stadium will be diligent enough to check them properly is another thing!

https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Look at the hysteria here. We have all just been thrown under the bus to try and save Boris's neck. They had no intention of launching plan B. Apparently only 3 cabinet ministers supported it earlier this week. Low and behold as soon as he's up S creek on the party story plan B lands almost immediately. And people are actually falling for it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
When you take a LFT you can scan the QR code on the little plastic thing and upload the details to the gov or NHS website and get a text (or maybe email) confirming the result. It will also appear in your NHS records as you use your NHS number. That will have a date on it - so you won't be able to use it multiple times. Whether the checks on entry to the stadium will be diligent enough to check them properly is another thing!
I don't think that it is possible to check everyone at the Amex for their vaccine status. What about double the crowd at man u for instance. It is not practical.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here