Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PM's press conference - 6 PM

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT has just blown my theory out of the water anyway. It appears I'm naïve. :( I will create an account for my sons school tests now though!

The esta (?) for entering the US is basically an online box tick that asks you if you are a terrorist and wish to bring down the US, and all who sail in it.

You tick the 'no, mate' box, and you're in.

Meanwhile 40 million red necks imagine that President Brainstem is "keepin' us all safe y'all".

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The esta (?) for entering the US is basically an online box tick that asks you if you are a terrorist and wish to bring down the US, and all who sail in it.

Meanwhile 40 million red necks imagine that President Brainstem is "keepin' us all safe y'all".

You would be shocked how many people tick “yes” in error

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You would be shocked how many people tick “yes” in error

I was driving from Vancouver to Seattle in 85, and at the border made a joke about 'did we secure that bomb in the boot'. An hour later I was let on my way.

No sensa fumer, those 1980s Americans.

:shootself:facepalm:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Most will but quite a few probably won’t. Wonder, for example, how many people doing ‘fit to return’ tests actually put the swabs up their nose and risked not being able to fly back ?

Alright, alright you can stop now! punish::lol: I didn't think it through! :dunce: :blush:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

God Bless America! If you tick yes does that mean you get arrested or just can't go on holiday with someone you don't really like? Asking for a friend!:whistle:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I can tell from your posts that you will not be happy until we are all firmly back in lockdown, you may well get your wish but there will be push back this time

I don't want lockdown, but flimsy measures like those announced only increase the chances of lockdown post Xmas. How can you now have a situation where people should work from home but meet up with colleagues at Xmas parties? This won't slow the rapid increase in Omicron and given cases are doubling every two to three days, and we already have very high numbers of Delta it's difficult to see how we don't get to really incredibly high numbers infected very quickly before the end of the year.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Will stadiums etc be accepting EU vaccine certificates or will those of us jabbed abroad need a lateral flow to access venues?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
f370ce5a33e2b8278477bede4fd3bbe1.jpg

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Johnson (I refuse to call him by his first name) has announced absolutely nothing at all.

Work from home if you can - er, most people are already.

Wear a mask on public transport and in theatres - er, we’re advised to do that already.

Er… well that’s it really.

Thanks prime minister. Now, tell us about that party that never happened.

We can see the smoke. We’ll find the gun. Is that a party streamer in your hair prime minister?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The crodo account is entirely a 'comedy' account. He publishes 'hello' style polls and joke celebrity fan threads. His line on Covid is that we are all going to die if we don't take it all tremendously seriously. It's a joke. Not a very funny one, admittedly, and he has served a recent ban for being a tit on another thread. Just remind yourself when you read a post of his that his true view is likely to be the opposite of what he's posted. He will probably give me a thumbs up for this post. Slightly peculiar.

Crodos Mrs filling up the car every day during the fuel crisis was very amusing. I'd like to know if the Vauxhall Nova has been anywhere since.

Roland

Banned
Sep 29, 2021
When you actually look at plan B it really is no plan at all in terms of change other than it gives confused messaging about WFH and will dent peoples confidence leading up to Xmas and hurt hospitality when probably the last thing that was needed at this time of year. Outrageous attempt to throw people of the PMs scent. I'd say would be great to get rid of him but just another stinking tory from that cesspit of a cabinet will take his place.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Under the new Plan B regulations, there is an exemption for singing. It's now been confirmed (by a Government spokesperson) that you do NOT need to wear a mask in a supermarket if you are singing.

If anyone thought the announcement last night was anything other than a diversionary tactic - well, I think you have your proof.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Under the new Plan B regulations, there is an exemption for singing. It's now been confirmed (by a Government spokesperson) that you do NOT need to wear a mask in a supermarket if you are singing.

If anyone thought the announcement last night was anything other than a diversionary tactic - well, I think you have your proof.

Do you have a link for that please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here