Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today's Goalkeepers ... bunch of snowflakes.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The keeper looks like a West Ham fan wearing that cap..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The Arsenal fans were up in arms on Arsenal Fans Wireless after the game about some of the challenges on their keeper.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1468112469629583365[/tweet]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Mates son plays for QPR U16 as a GK and he had his front 2 teeth kicked in recently, when going for a ball. Got kicked in the face. Bloody brave at 15 yo.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
This was what they had to handle in the 1960's, in this picture the keeper not only gets the ball smack in the face, but also an elbow in the ribs from Albion (ex Spurs and England) legend Bobby Smith, probably wasn't even a foul in those days.
:lolol:

bobbysmith2.jpg

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Bobby Smith wearing those glorious Pink Fluorescent boots, gently nudges the keeper out of the way, it matters not the keeper plays for tiny ground Brighton, a clearance is a clearance in todays stat laden World of monochrome football.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I could watch that all day. Some real legends of the game in that video, and the reason I became a GK (I just didn't like running around tbh :wink: )

I must have recognised 3/4 of those keepers instantly . . .

It's not just less running around, but diving around in the mud was fun, at least until I was about 12 :lolol: and you got to wear gloves to keep your hands warm. Sondico ones with little bits of table tennis bat sewn on!

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I must have recognised 3/4 of those keepers instantly . . .

It's not just less running around, but diving around in the mud was fun, at least until I was about 12 :lolol: and you got to wear gloves to keep your hands warm. Sondico ones with little bits of table tennis bat sewn on!

Yep, who could forget those old cotton gloves! I had some of these yellow Peter Bonetti ones...

ClQrPVGWAAAJ2fl.jpg

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
99.9% of professional football players are snowflakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here