Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m simply glad it didn’t fall to Boris Johnson to deliver that speech. He would have revelled in it. And no doubt mentioned the vaccine.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The one whose parents came as immigrants from Ghana, who got a scholarship to Eton and a Double First at Cambridge?

Attack his policies all you like, and boy, do some of them need attacking, but just because someone has done well for themselves that shouldn't be one of them

Just stinks of envy.

I would argue that the Tories in parliament banished the racist tag with Johnson's last High Office team.

It's important to isolate the signal from the noise. The signal was, and is, protecting the wealthy by making the electorate think that voting Tory is aspirational. Objective, strategy, tactics.....and if you're One Of Us you're in. Racism in the tory elite is sooo 30 years ago....more a private hobby for the oddballs, now.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She’s not Tony Blair is she? Delivered like a robot with no emotion or humanity whatsoever.

On this occasion, between her robot voice or her pork markets face, I think she chose wisely. Just a shame that’s all she’s got.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well the huge debt of the public purse is largely avoidable, targeted help and making fossil fuel companies contribute would be a start.

But this is a burn and drill government as we are seeing, Truss's campaign received its large donation from the wife of a former BP exec.

You don't need to look very deep, its disappointing but not surprising at all she used to work for Shell.

Are you seriously criticising the public debt after championing lockdowns and In some cases harder and more of it?

Health v wealth wasn’t it ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

On this occasion, between her robot voice or her pork markets face, I think she chose wisely. Just a shame that’s all she’s got.

Justin Trudeau’s response was heartfelt and honest. He wasn’t trying to be the Iron Lady. A response for the 21st century, not 1984.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Justin Trudeau’s response was heartfelt and honest. He wasn’t trying to be the Iron Lady. A response for the 21st century, not 1984.

Barack Obama has been fulsome in his praise of his time spent with Her Majesty on several occasions, Donald Trump has posted a lovely tribute "In his statement released Thursday, Trump wrote that he and his wife would "always cherish our time together with the Queen, and never forget Her Majesty's generous friendship, great wisdom, and wonderful sense of humor."

"What a grand and beautiful lady she was—there was nobody like her!" Trump wrote. "Our thoughts and prayers will remain with the great people of the United Kingdom as you honor her most meaningful life and exceptional service to the people. May God bless the Queen, may she reign forever in our hearts, and may God hold her and Prince Philip in abiding care."

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Speaking of Truss, who signed off the plan for her to travel the UK with Charles this coming week?

One, it turns what should be a largely symbolic and ceremonial duty into something overtly political and likely to be deemed as an electoral boost. Two, shouldn’t she have other more important things to be getting on with? Or have all the other problems in the world miraculously solved themselves this weekend?

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not diverse if 74% of the cabinet are from private schools and have absolutely no idea how the real world operates is it?

I went to private school and have a pretty good understanding how the real world operates. I have had to live in the real world, as you call it, in both my personal and professional life.
I am afraid your stereotype of ex private school people is way off beam and out of date in this ‘real world’ you talk about.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I went to private school and have a pretty good understanding how the real world operates. I have had to live in the real world, as you call it, in both my personal and professional life.
I am afraid your stereotype of ex private school people is way off beam and out of date in this ‘real world’ you talk about.
The point still remains that it’s not particularly diverse if they all have a very similar background.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

He probably meant public school

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The point still remains that it’s not particularly diverse if they all have a very similar background.

The point I objected to was the automatic assumption that those who went to private/public school,’have absolutely no idea how the real world operates.’
I do agree with the point re 74% though. That is a bit surprising, as is the lack of ‘ pale male and stale men’(I think the expression goes)’ in the top jobs.On a more general point, it must be a nightmare for businesses and political parties, these days, to tick all the aspirational diversity boxes for cabinet and board posts from the pool of suitably qualified candidates they have to choose from.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Anyway a new King and a new nasty piece of work in charge

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here