Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She looks like a picture in a colouring book that hasn’t been coloured in yet.

C543B07F-45EC-4CDD-80C0-01BE4D9110C5.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Due you find it all a bit surreal that, in this new age of communication, you would ever have found yourself offering a response of 'I mentioned it to Kinky Gerbils' ?

I know his name but this is a forum where we all have pseudonyms. I never envisaged being called Thunder Bolt.:lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Couldn't make it up.

"I'm ready to hit the ground from Day one"

[TWEET]1549776507773624321[/TWEET]

To be fair, you can't say she doesn't deliver. She's doing what she says on the tin. She's delivered already in her first tweet after the ballot !

You can trust Liz to deliver. #Trussballs

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not at all. I have reported a number of posts over the years for racism and sexism. I have also overtly condemned those attitudes. Perhaps you are seeing what you want to see ?

No. Picking up on the Emily Thornberry tweet as a 'politics is broke' moment with everything else that is going on is enough for me. :thumbsup:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Now I know the 160K odd retired colonels and the jam & jerusalem mob are a bunch of semi-senile old dodderers but why does it take them over 6 weeks to pick out one horse in a two horse race? We could have a result by the weekend. Does it take so long because they have to be roused from the dead?

Asking for a friend.

Ah, that’ll be because none are on email or tinternet and the post is pretty slow from out in the sticks.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And the country’s about to become even weirder, as if it possibly could with Bojo in charge.

Not even weird in a way that might make her innovative or a good problem solver. Weird as in the sort of person that rubs themselves on the corner of tables and eats their own hair.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
So now our future will be decided by the 130,000 blue rinse membership and make no mistake the membership is mostly made up by little old dears the rest are foaming at the mouth right wing loonies, our political system is as broken as a skateboard with no wheels no board no bearing and no hubs

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So now our future will be decided by the 130,000 blue rinse membership and make no mistake the membership is mostly made up by little old dears the rest are foaming at the mouth right wing loonies, our political system is as broken as a skateboard with no wheels no board no bearing and no hubs

There is more 'democracy' now than there ever was. Alec Douglas Home was 'appointed'. I have no problem with the blue rinse 130K calling the shots. That's their way. And in a few years the rest of us will get to vote out whoever gets the gig. That's our system :shrug:

Whether it should be changed is a different matter. I have no sense of any concensus on this.

:thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There is still hope that Rishi will win though...I'm sure the Blue Rinser's are desperate for the chance to support a member of an ethnic minority getting the top job and showing off their multicultural credentials.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow … !!!! Is this the depths NSC is falling to?

To be fair, and you and I on different ends of the political spectrum, I agree. Attacking the woman's pallor is not appropriate.

Let's hope there is less of this going forward. If I've every been guilty of it, I retract it.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
To be fair, and you and I on different ends of the political spectrum, I agree. Attacking the woman's pallor is not appropriate.

Let's hope there is less of this going forward. If I've every been guilty of it, I retract it.

We are … kind of … although maybe not as far apart as you think. I resigned my membership of the Conservative Party before we even heard of ‘party gate’! I was unhappy with BJ generally as PM and I resigned as I didn’t want to be associated with him in any way. That doesn’t mean I would vote Labour … although for me Starmer is a step in the right direction. … but there are - for me - some areas of concern.

What you won’t find me doing on here is posting anything like a couple of the recent posts by The Clamp … and others … where it’s not about debating but just being … well, I’m not sure I can find the word to use. I believe I’m a reasonable person but of course I’m Tory ‘sc*m’ to many on here :down:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There is still hope that Rishi will win though...I'm sure the Blue Rinser's are desperate for the chance to support a member of an ethnic minority getting the top job and showing off their multicultural credentials.

As [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] pointed out, this is definitely one in the eye for those who consider tories to be biased towards flabby white men in suits.

It will be genuinely intriguing to see which of these two candidates they dislike the least.

No wonder Johnson seemed so chipper today. Positively gleeful, I thought :lolol:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Was it that bad a thing to say? Any worse then calling Mogg a “haunted pencil”?
Really?
Okay, then I apologise.

I think you should all apologise in case anyone was offended by anything you've said.

For my part, I apologise for my lewd reference to Liz Truss's pork and cheese video, and highlighting the best bits.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here