Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The damage this does to the vaccine drive is the worst part

Some people just won’t bother now, some people certainly won’t listen to guidance.

They clearly were not worried about it, why should anyone of that age be?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What would a young Paul Weller have made of this?

F786FCED-789C-4CFD-98AF-44808F575BB5.jpeg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And I'd suggest the Met Police aren't keen to rattle the governments cage at the moment - especially Ms Dicks.

DAME Dicks. She’s probably hoping for a seat in the House of Lords, along with the other 200 Johnson has sold peerages to.
There are now over 800 in the second chamber.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The damage this does to the vaccine drive is the worst part

Some people just won’t bother now, some people certainly won’t listen to guidance.

They clearly were not worried about it, why should anyone of that age be?

Not sure if it will effect the vax rollout, at least I bloody hope not

Its just not good, this is Benard Castle on steriods. Even for Johnson this one is going to hard to ride out...

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Technicality or not, people are remembering the first anniversary of their mother or father, dying alone in care homes, or hospitals, due to tier 3 or tier 4 Covid laws. Funerals restricted to 15 people, and not even a cup of tea together afterwards, just standing in a freezing cold car park, so as to be able to talk to family, with a 500 mile round trip on the motorway.

In the meantime, the Westminster mob are laughing at us.

Sadly that's exactly what happened to me in Lockdown one :( the tories can go play with traffic for all i care about them!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Remember, he is not Boris, he is not your friend, he thinks you're a ****.

To the vast majority of this country he should be known as Johnson.

Which is also slang for cock.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What would a young Paul Weller have made of this?

View attachment 142622

Great call Sir!

I used to be a Labour voter 20 plus years ago, voted Tory since Blair left office. Always saw BJ as an idiot, but a charismatic idiot. When combined he seemed harmless enough all the time he was shackled by Tory party hierarchy, This changed once he became part of the hierarchy that he was appointing around him.

He is out of control and is now damaging the UK at home, and it’s reputation overseas. Change is now needed, and not just at the helm, the crew need retraining too. Thankfully there is now a sensible alternative with Starmer who will probably get my vote next time around, definitely if BJ somehow manages to ride this out. The Tories cannot just change leader, the whole top team has to go as they are all tainted.

So, there we go, I expect to see a Labour victory at the next GE, Peter Kyle for chancellor anyone? In the past I have often thought that 2 Tory terms followed by a Labour term could be a good recipe, this time I think it needs Labour to win twice to get back to a sensible attitude from the blue team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
you can have someone decent, or a politician, not both as one!

That's unfair. As someone pointed out earlier, there are many people - in all parties - who are good, decent servants of the public. The problem for the Tories is that Johnson chucked many of these out and selected those in his own image. Fortunately, there are still some decent Conservatives left and those are the ones who should be thinking deeply about the future of the country,

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Why is anyone surprised?

Expenses scandals, PPE contracts to mates, Over 50% of politicians have second jobs, do as we say not as we do.....etc etc

In some respects we are all complicit in this as we as a nation voted this lot in - me included!

Can things sink any lower? Just waiting for last years party pics to appear next (and rumours are there are some).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Great call Sir!

I used to be a Labour voter 20 plus years ago, voted Tory since Blair left office. Always saw BJ as an idiot, but a charismatic idiot. When combined he seemed harmless enough all the time he was shackled by Tory party hierarchy, This changed once he became part of the hierarchy that he was appointing around him.

He is out of control and is now damaging the UK at home, and it’s reputation overseas. Change is now needed, and not just at the helm, the crew need retraining too. Thankfully there is now a sensible alternative with Starmer who will probably get my vote next time around, definitely if BJ somehow manages to ride this out. The Tories cannot just change leader, the whole top team has to go as they are all tainted.

So, there we go, I expect to see a Labour victory at the next GE, Peter Kyle for chancellor anyone? In the past I have often thought that 2 Tory terms followed by a Labour term could be a good recipe, this time I think it needs Labour to win twice to get back to a sensible attitude from the blue team.

I'm completely disenfranchised at present. There's some Tory MPs I like (esp Tracey Crouch) and same goes for Labour. The cabinet at present hold the people in contempt though, and they are trying to dismantle the pillars of democracy, which is unforgivable.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Guaranteed nothing comes of this.

Absolutely nothing.

There'll be outrage for a few days and then we'll be onto the next final nail in the coffin. And then the next until the coffin no longer resembles a coffin but an unsightly lump of nails. That Johnson is stood next to, pointing and laughing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's unfair. As someone pointed out earlier, there are many people - in all parties - who are good, decent servants of the public. The problem for the Tories is that Johnson chucked many of these out and selected those in his own image. Fortunately, there are still some decent Conservatives left and those are the ones who should be thinking deeply about the future of the country,

I've been invited to an event at the House of Commons later today and have had the privilege to talking to APPG's and DCMS. As you say there are plenty of good people on both side of the divide but they are the ones left behind when it comes to power.

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
In fact, the news of this party broke a week ago and we've already seen the Tories rise in the polls since then - so, it's having minimal effect on the public.

Actually, the latest poll (by Survation, published yesterday) has Labour three points ahead - the biggest lead they've had since Johnson became PM.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My dad died just over 12 months ago.

On December 1st last year, my mum, my sisters and I held his funeral service with just a handful of other people, all sat apart and following what the government told us we must do, even though it broke our hearts to do so. And then afterwards, rather than holding the wake my dad had saved for and requested, we all got in our cars and went our separate ways. No gathering to remember him and celebrate his life. No chance in the immediate aftermath to share a laugh about the good times or to mourn our loss. No opportunity to support my mum and start the process of moving on as a family. For me, just a lonely, surreal, 200 mile drive home, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

Now my dad wasn't anyone special - other than to us as family - but to us he was everything. And at 86 years old, he deserved so much more than that and it was hard not to feel I'll failed him. I still do. But like thousands of other families we had no choice and the only small consolation was the belief that we were doing the right thing.

So then I turn on the news tonight and see the PMs spokesperson laughing and giggling as she rehearses how to field potential questions about a Downing Street Christmas party last December. So in the light of all that, it is hard to put into words the level of contempt I feel for Boris Johnson and all in his administration who mock us at every turn and then seek to cover it up because they have been found out. For what difference it is likely to make (probably none), I shall be letting my MP know exactly how I feel and that I will be doing anything I can to support her political opponents at the next election if Johnson is still the PM.

A very moving post.

And this is what it’s all about. This is what has made people so angry. It is also what the Government don’t seem to understand, the funeral of a much loved relative is a one off thing, you can’t do it again, and many, many people sacrificed a loving send off for the sake of the greater good, and it now feels as if our masters are throwing it back in our faces.

Angela Rayner was right.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great call Sir!

It’s all a bit desperate really…….he has to go, but like others said he’s got so much control of the party and he’s surrounded by so many sycophants it’s difficult to see his own lot doing it. Any one of them seen as a threat will be instantly jettisoned from the Cult of Boris. On the other side, I can’t see Starmer winning a GE….big few days ahead for him now, let’s see how he deals with this ‘gift’ because every time he’s had an open goal so far he’s scuffed it wide.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here