Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Found it...

[tweet]1468123008833400836[/tweet]

I think this covers everything, absolutely nothing to see here. All complety technically legal in accordance with the strict covid regulations.

Carry on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Technicality or not, people are remembering the first anniversary of their mother or father, dying alone in care homes, or hospitals, due to tier 3 or tier 4 Covid laws. Funerals restricted to 15 people, and not even a cup of tea together afterwards, just standing in a freezing cold car park, so as to be able to talk to family, with a 500 mile round trip on the motorway.

In the meantime, the Westminster mob are laughing at us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Don't forget Johnson 'got Brexit done', he and his team can do whatever the duck they want.

Got Brexit done……. Very badly.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tory meltdown incoming...

Johnson is a political genius. With only the power of BS, he has got himself the top job. He has a stunning political instinct, that is for sure. It seems like he is copying Trumps method of rolling with the scandals. Essentially, this government are ****ing up all the time but no one can get their teeth into the ‘todays controversy’ before ‘tomorrow’s new controversy’ replaces it in the headlines.

This is very clever, because he leads to group amnesia. People forget the incidents because there are so many.

Just like we were all shocked when 2 or 3 people died at Covid at the beginning of the pandemic, no one bats an eyelid at 150 deaths per day now.

Clever stuff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Found it...

[tweet]1468123008833400836[/tweet]

i've been expecting as much all along, its how you string along the arguement that nothing happened while being in law was being complied with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
BBC Breakfast normally know by now which Minister is appearing at 7.30 tomorrow. It seems no one is available.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
They'll get away with it because they've managed to convince the electorate that they're better than them and should be allowed to get away with it. And if all else fails shout "but Jeremy Corbyn" some more or chuck in a bit more fretting about a few poor people on boats in the channel.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My dad died just over 12 months ago.

On December 1st last year, my mum, my sisters and I held his funeral service with just a handful of other people, all sat apart and following what the government told us we must do, even though it broke our hearts to do so. And then afterwards, rather than holding the wake my dad had saved for and requested, we all got in our cars and went our separate ways. No gathering to remember him and celebrate his life. No chance in the immediate aftermath to share a laugh about the good times or to mourn our loss. No opportunity to support my mum and start the process of moving on as a family. For me, just a lonely, surreal, 200 mile drive home, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

Now my dad wasn't anyone special - other than to us as family - but to us he was everything. And at 86 years old, he deserved so much more than that and it was hard not to feel I'll failed him. I still do. But like thousands of other families we had no choice and the only small consolation was the belief that we were doing the right thing.

So then I turn on the news tonight and see the PMs spokesperson laughing and giggling as she rehearses how to field potential questions about a Downing Street Christmas party last December. So in the light of all that, it is hard to put into words the level of contempt I feel for Boris Johnson and all in his administration who mock us at every turn and then seek to cover it up because they have been found out. For what difference it is likely to make (probably none), I shall be letting my MP know exactly how I feel and that I will be doing anything I can to support her political opponents at the next election if Johnson is still the PM.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
i've been expecting as much all along, its how you string along the arguement that nothing happened while being in law was being complied with.

Some other debate going on (on social media) about how the legislation is badly drafted (and contradictory) and could equally apply to number 10.

In the big scheme of things it's pretty irrelevant me thinks.

What's damning is that their press office were joking about preparing a defence a few days after.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
They'll get away with it because they've managed to convince the electorate that they're better than them and should be allowed to get away with it. And if all else fails shout "but Jeremy Corbyn" some more or chuck in a bit more fretting about a few poor people on boats in the channel.

It's not really about the electorate at this stage cos we are miles away from a General Election. It is however very about MPs who may be considering whether their leader is fit to be PM.

Most MPs aren't narcissists and don't actually enjoy either lying to the public or being laughed at.

If the backbenchers think he is a liability at the next election, they be start thinking about getting rid of him now. It's how the Tory party works. Loyal in public, 100% motivated to win and backstabbers behind the scenes.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
My dad died last November.

On December 1st my mum, my sisters and I held his funeral service with just a handful of other people, all sat apart and following what the government told us we must do, even though it broke our hearts to do so. And then afterwards, rather than holding the wake my dad had saved for and requested, we all got in our cars and went our separate ways. No gathering to remember him and celebrate his life. No chance in the immediate aftermath to share a laugh about the good times or to mourn our loss. No opportunity to support my mum and start the process of moving on as a family. For me, just a lonely, surreal, 200 mile drive home, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

Now my dad wasn't anyone special - other than to us as family - but to us he was everything. And at 86 years old, he deserved so much more than that and it was hard not to feel I'll failed him. I still do. But like thousands of other families we had no choice and the only small consolation was the belief that we were doing the right thing.

So then I turn on the news tonight and see the PMs spokesperson laughing and giggling as she rehearses how to field potential questions about a Downing Street Christmas party last December. So in the light of all that, it is hard to put into words the level of contempt I feel for Boris Johnson and all in his administration who mock us at every turn and then seek to cover it up because they have been found out. For what difference it is likely to make (probably none), I shall be letting my MP know exactly how I feel and that I will be doing anything I can to support her political opponents at the next election if Johnson is still the PM.

sorry for your loss, these people are a disgrace

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Some other debate going on (on social media) about how the legislation is badly drafted (and contradictory) and could equally apply to number 10.

In the big scheme of things it's pretty irrelevant me thinks.

What's damning is that their press office were joking about preparing a defence a few days after.

rushed legislation usually is poorly drafted.

the other thing i expect is that when there is finally some revelation that there was some after work cheese and wine, we'll learn the PM wasnt there (lives in No11) and neither were any senior MPs. just the staff.

Johnson is a liability, but there's not a strong bench and its not a great time to be in the hot seat. expect maneuvers in the spring once looks like worse of covid is behind.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My dad died just over 12 months ago.

On December 1st last year, my mum, my sisters and I held his funeral service with just a handful of other people, all sat apart and following what the government told us we must do, even though it broke our hearts to do so. And then afterwards, rather than holding the wake my dad had saved for and requested, we all got in our cars and went our separate ways. No gathering to remember him and celebrate his life. No chance in the immediate aftermath to share a laugh about the good times or to mourn our loss. No opportunity to support my mum and start the process of moving on as a family. For me, just a lonely, surreal, 200 mile drive home, trying to make sense of what had just happened.

Identical circumstances to my Mother in law. She was 87 & died of sepsis. My husband wasn’t allowed to say goodbye even though we knew she was dying for 5 days beforehand. As I posted above, we had a 500 mile round trip to Rotherham for a sparsely seated crematorium, talked in a freezing cold car park,,and then drove home again.

I feel for you, because I saw the grief my husband felt.

This government are beyond contempt and I sense the mood in the country has changed a lot in the last few days. Yes, I have emailed my Tory MP.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Johnson is a liability, but there's not a strong bench and its not a great time to be in the hot seat. expect maneuvers in the spring once looks like worse of covid is behind.

He’ll politically decapitate any Tory plotting against him.

Whilst he is generally inept in life, he takes his own Political career extremely seriously. When it comes to looking after No.1, he is utterly ruthless.

He has protected some pretty nasty characters who’ll now be expected to help him weed out any rivals and quash any leadership challenges. He is here until the electorate kick him out. Untouchable with his majority.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The North Shropshire bye-election next Thursday is looming large. If the Lib Dems take that - and today's events will have boosted their chances - then it will be a very uncomfortable Christmas for Boris.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Again, sentient human beings actually voted for these awful awful people. Hang your heads in shame and at least have the balls to admit you made a mistake.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
rushed legislation usually is poorly drafted.

the other thing i expect is that when there is finally some revelation that there was some after work cheese and wine, we'll learn the PM wasnt there (lives in No11) and neither were any senior MPs. just the staff.

It's pretty well established now he attended a previous leaving do on November 27 and gave a speech.

He commented on full the room was as he walked out.

It also appears the after work Friday get togethers were quite a regular thing and there were loads of leaving parties during the second and third lockdowns.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I don't vote Tory, but I'm not 'anti' Tory. They have some good MPs.

But, crikey, how anyone can defend this bunch. They are really taking the piss.

It's what happens when a government has an unchallenged majority.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't vote Tory, but I'm not 'anti' Tory. They have some good MPs.

But, crikey, how anyone can defend this bunch. They are really taking the piss.

It's what happens when a government has an unchallenged majority.

But then again we have had previous Governments with an unchallenged majority who haven't behaved like this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here