Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well in place.

Bit more than a slap on the wrist to be honest, 6 month ban from broadcasting.

They got a bit pissed and ended up in others houses (I think). Indefensible but they fessed up, apologised and paid the price. It will always hang over them as journalists.

This is far far worse. Covered up and they are laughing at us..... Again and again.

Corrected for you.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Well in place.

Bit more than a slap on the wrist to be honest, 6 month ban from broadcasting.

They got a bit pissed and ended up in others houses (I think). Indefensible but they fessed up, apologised and paid the price. It will always hang over them as journalists.

This is far far worse. Covered up and they are laughing at us.

I agree it’s far worse.

People will simply ignore guidance now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Apparently the government are still denying it...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I agree it’s far worse.

People will simply ignore guidance now.

This is the worst bit, we may well need further restrictions post Xmas to contain the spread of Omicron, with all of this coming out people will simply not comply. He has to go.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Don't forget Johnson 'got Brexit done', he and his team can do whatever the duck they want.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I really hope this has severe consequences. It won’t. But we can hope.

Number still briefing it didn't happen.

Interesting internal politics now. Department of Education has now fessed up to having a "party" in Dec when London was on tier 2.

Short nibbles and drinks after work (as a thank you) to staff who were forced to work in the office anyway.

Right ? of course not and I'm not defending it, but clearly has been done to throw light on what was happening in No 10 after we had moved into tier 3.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I read today that there is a statute in common law that makes crown lands exempt (a pretty big hole there).

Regulations would only have applied to Number 10 if there was a s.73(2) agreement between the owner of Number 10 (Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) and Westminster City Council to apply the regulations.

So, it might be that all of their stupid 'no rules were broken' is technically and legally correct. Imagine the absolute front of the twats if that is what it turns out to be.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I read today that there is a statute in common law that makes crown lands exempt (a pretty big hole there).

Regulations would only have applied to Number 10 if there was a s.73(2) agreement between the owner of Number 10 (Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government) and Westminster City Council to apply the regulations.

So, it might be that all of their stupid 'no rules were broken' is technically and legally correct. Imagine the absolute front of the twats if that is what it turns out to be.
Brexit Britain

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Number still briefing it didn't happen.

Interesting internal politics now. Department of Education has now fessed up to having a "party" in Dec when London was on tier 2.

Short nibbles and drinks after work (as a thank you) to staff who were forced to work in the office anyway.

Right ? of course not and I'm not defending it, but clearly has been done to throw light on what was happening in No 10 after we had moved into tier 3.

Beginning of the end hopefully…..his own now seeking to distance themselves from the mess.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have to say I think I the police have been pathetic about investigating Tory covid rule/law breaking in the past and I don’t expect them to step up on this occasion either. Will nobody hold this damned government to account?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently the government are still denying it...k

They'll be denying it was a party, I imagine, not that people got together.

I saw a passage from the legislation today, posted by a barrister if I recall correctly, and he'd highlighted some a few key sentences suggesting their denial would be based on it being essentially a meeting of a public body or similar.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They'll be denying it was a party, I imagine, not that people got together.

I saw a passage from the legislation today, posted by a barrister if I recall correctly, and he'd highlighted some a few key sentences suggesting their denial would be based on it being essentially a meeting of a public body or similar.

Found it...

[tweet]1468123008833400836[/tweet]

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I have to say I think I the police have been pathetic about investigating Tory covid rule/law breaking in the past and I don’t expect them to step up on this occasion either. Will nobody hold this damned government to account?
That's up to the voters...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

This is an awful look for them isn’t it?

Days after it comes out that they apparently threatened to arrest Arthur’s uncle for trying to check up on him due to lockdown rules, they seem disinterested in this.

I wonder if those fined 10k are considering legal action.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's up to the voters...

Yes and no. We cannot bring legal proceedings against them, we can only try and vote them out.
As Bozza says though, the small print will make sure this party was “legal”.

Anyway, I’ve had enough of the news today, it’s the pillows for me.

Sleep tight one and all.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here