Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Met have some questions to answer for sure but it wouldn't have mattered even if they'd found him guilty (a word which has been very carefully avoided during Partygate) of attending every party. Johnson wouldn't have resigned and nobody would have pushed him.

It is very obviously in many people's interests to keep the Johnson / Sunak dynamic in place for now. And by "many people" I mean the global financial elite. It's a money thing. As soon as Johnson / Sunak aren't useful anymore, they'll be out. Not a moment after and certainly not a moment before.

In my opinion, that is what is going on here.

I don't believe there is a conspiracy only that the current administration have attempted to politicise the Police Force.

The MET (as rubbish as they are and they really are) have been forced to balance public opinion against a back lash from the Government.

Truth and justice has to take a back sit all the time this lot are in power.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't believe there is a conspiracy only that the current administration have attempted to politicise the Police Force.

The MET (as rubbish as they are and they really are) have been forced to balance public opinion against a back lash from the Government.

I don’t believe there is a conspiracy either. I do believe finances heavily influence politics.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Oh dear

[tweet]1527726289527898113[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We know it'll be a whitewash. They know we know. They don't care.

I think we need to set very low expectations of what actually makes it into the published material.

With the Mail and Express calling the Partygate investigation a waste of time and money, the PM is riding high. The report might not be made public now.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
The Met have some questions to answer for sure but it wouldn't have mattered even if they'd found him guilty (a word which has been very carefully avoided during Partygate) of attending every party. Johnson wouldn't have resigned and nobody would have pushed him.

It is very obviously in many people's interests to keep the Johnson / Sunak dynamic in place for now. And by "many people" I mean the global financial elite. It's a money thing. As soon as Johnson / Sunak aren't useful anymore, they'll be out. Not a moment after and certainly not a moment before.

In my opinion, that is what is going on here.

Whatever is going on, it stinks, and is deliberately and greatly muddied by the Beergate thing.

It all shows, apart from anything else, what a disgusting rag the Daily Mail is, stirring up the Beergate stuff and then berating the Met the other day for wasting £400k plus on Partygate - using the word Fiasco.

I can remember about 25 years ago being surprised in a meeting when someone said that the Mail is the most dangerous newspaper (newspaper?) in the country - surprised because I had never really read it, and don’t now - because plenty of people actually believe what the read in it. She was so right.

And if anyone wants to come back and challenge the Mail comment, try and justify what it does!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Then surely the hypocrisy was in 2016 and he is just run-hypocritising himself? I don't see why changing your mind, even repeatedly, is hypocrisy. And I don't see why it should cause a Tory meltdown either, for that matter. He's not a Tory official.

Changing his mind in 2016 would have been hypocritical. Reversing that now is possibly reversing the hypocrisy.

Hopefully it won’t do his son’s cause any good! And it doesn’t change the fact that he’s a wife beating wandering-hand dinosaur.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nobody is or was seriously expecting anything to come of the SG report, surely? She works for the Conservative Government.

It’s like making a complaint to HR and expecting them to be loyal to you and not the company.

It’s a shitty mess, the whole thing.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It’s a shitty mess, the whole thing.

Still, on the bright side it gives us something to get hot under the collar about.

Personally, I've moved on. I couldn't give a monkey's if Boris had a cake or Starmer had a curry.

My current concerns are centralised upon more pressing issues in the world, life is honestly too short.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Still, on the bright side it gives us something to get hot under the collar about.

Personally, I've moved on. I couldn't give a monkey's if Boris had a cake or Starmer had a curry.

My current concerns are centralised upon more pressing issues in the world, life is honestly too short.

Like the need to tell complete strangers that you're 'not bovvered' :lolol:

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
On the radio today... Took me back a few years.

"Everyday I look at you
Dressed up in your ties of blue
Saying there's not much that you can do
To help the kids on Hope Street"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We know it'll be a whitewash. They know we know. They don't care.

I think we need to set very low expectations of what actually makes it into the published material.

why have we bothered with all this then? people are happy to accept versions reported in the media (which they normally dont trust), and dismiss in advance any outcome of investigations.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Pushing for police action will have backfired if there’s no more fines for Johnson and Starmer ends up with the same amount.

scrabbling about trying to clean their consciences; so as to be able to vote for depeffel feffel in a few years time, without being wracked by guilt

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Go out and enjoy the sunshine, you will feel a lot better than sitting on your device all after trawling the internet for stuff to post on here like a social media addicted teenager [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how is it that you never said that to the fairy?

Last edited:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

You express a facile understanding of the issues involved..... again.

Do you work on that or does it come naturally?

Mind you, I think it's a good idea that you move on.

Good luck in dealing with your pressing issues. Thank you in advance for your thumbs up.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here