Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
:facepalm:

Perhaps you should ask the relatives of some of the Covid dead who couldn't go to a funeral in 2020 because of Boris's rules. Can't imagine Her Majesty is particularly impressed either.

Still, well done for not caring about killing people.

Not caring about killing people?

How exactly have I killed anyone?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Great Post.

Sums up what's wrong with this country - and that is Boris Johnson.

He's got to go.

I quite agree. Not because I am concerned about a party or two, but winning the next election.

Boris will not lead the Conservatives to winning the next election.

He has done his job, he delivered Brexit. Fate was against him with COVID (I can’t see how any leader would have managed things significantly better, with tens of thousands of fewer deaths), but the priority now for the Conservatives is the next election.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I quite agree. Not because I am concerned about a party or two, but winning the next election.

Boris will not lead the Conservatives to winning the next election.

He has done his job, he delivered Brexit. Fate was against him with COVID (I can’t see how any leader would have managed things significantly better, with tens of thousands of fewer deaths), but the priority now for the Conservatives is the next election.

It isn't just about removing Boris though is it ?

The party is going require a complete clear out at cabinet level, drop the "culture war" approach and start behaving like a party that can see beyond what the members think and the ERG.

If it doesn't reset (like Labour have been forced to) I can't see it winning a majority at the next election.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
No matter how bad this gets, no matter hiow much contempt is shown for ordinary voters, they would still elect him ahead of someone like Corbyn or even Starmer, such is the vice like grip the murdoch media has over public perception

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Outside contractors were there yes.

I do as well, my worry is (as said above) is you run the risk of putting out non events like this (currently) and people will switch off.

This doesn’t seem to be a BYOB type thing

so you broke the rules so everyone is allowed to, is that what you're saying?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No matter how bad this gets, no matter hiow much contempt is shown for ordinary voters, they would still elect him ahead of someone like Corbyn or even Starmer, such is the vice like grip the murdoch media has over public perception

You need to give people more credit.

People over play the influence the media actually has.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I am indifferent to any party TBH.

I really couldn’t care less either way. I admit I didn’t always comply with lockdown rules. I know many who didn’t.

But why is this an issue now? If there was a party in lockdown in 2020, why are we hearing about it now in 2022?

Well done you must be very proud of yourself.
Only Monday but you are a very strong contender for w***** of the week.
It is difficult to understand how someone like you can be so stupidly ignorant.
Bottom of the pond mentality.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Well done you must be very proud of yourself.
Only Monday but you are a very strong contender for w***** of the week.
It is difficult to understand how someone like you can be so stupidly ignorant.
Bottom of the pond mentality.

Oh bless. You poor delicate little flower.

Still if I’ve upset a t**t like you, then this week has indeed started well.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Other sources from Number 10 have confirmed to Sky News (and others) that Boris hosted family members ( in the evening after #cakegate) in his flat backing up the second ITV allegation.

Number 10 are denying the allegation and saying they were hosted "outside".

Cummings has already alleged there was another party in the flat, this is a different one.

He's cake, sorry toast.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sue White, you say? Excellent. Should make for a fun report. :lol:

View attachment 144271

white 3.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
They are all nothingness stories. Nothing has been proven. If Sue White finds that there were breaches then these were simple honest mistakes. If they weren't simple honest mistakes, Johnson has already apologised. The electorate are not interested.

I supect there are tens of thousands of people who observed the rules, not visiting loved ones who, nevertheless died, alone, of Covid, who still feel that Johnson has a very difficult job and made decisions to share cakes and an occasional glass of wine with senior colleagues in good faith, while dealing brilliantly with the challenges of Brexit and the pandemic.

That Jeremy Corbyn, though.

Until labour can show they have something better to offer, it is understandable that people will stick with what they know.

(Actually, I haven't seen ANY posts on NSC from people like this, in the last couple of months. Perhaps there are people I have on ignore who are still bat shit mental. Perhaps not. Hopefully not. Perhaps I have misjudged the anger of the nation on this occasion :shrug:)

I see now that I was bang on the money. On the radio and on NSC people are screaming about how they don't care. Funny old world.

I was especially taken by the post that said that strategic revelation of the facts renders the facts useless. And the general idea that because it was only a bit of cake Boris can be exonerated from everything else he's done. FFS.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I am a little perplexed that the media is accepting of the Downing Street version that the prime minister was "there" for less than 10 minutes.

Given that Johnson has such a vague association with the facts, wasn't at any parties, followed all rules at all times, the accuracy of this recollection is strangely at odds with every other version of his truth as presented, including the accuracy of his recollection of the location of the event. (It seems to have been friends of his family in the cabinet room).

It may be true, I have no means of telling, but it seems a strange thing to offer him the benefit of the doubt on. The only conclusion is that it is immaterial and whether he likes it or not he is soon to be relieved of office.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
so you broke the rules so everyone is allowed to, is that what you're saying?

Nope, I’m saying having a cake in a work area isn’t breaking the rules, it’s not a gathering.

I just can’t get worked up about it compared the the actual parties.

I would like to see more details on this one, which he should go for.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nope, I’m saying having a cake in a work area isn’t breaking the rules, it’s not a gathering.

I just can’t get worked up about it compared the the actual parties.

I would like to see more details on this one, which he should go for.

Do you normally take your wife and interior designer into your work area?

They weren’t rules. It was the law.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I see now that I was bang on the money. On the radio and on NSC people are screaming about how they don't care. Funny old world.

I was especially taken by the post that said that strategic revelation of the facts renders the facts useless. And the general idea that because it was only a bit of cake Boris can be exonerated from everything else he's done. FFS.

I think the context Harry is that to many of us it is only our own opinions of events that matters. There are a number of posters on NSC, media people etc that have been screaming hatred and contempt for Johnson ever since the Referendum. Those voices have cried wolf so often and with such contempt to those with whom they disagree that they are now roundly ignored. I (and many others) am pleased with the way I cast my vote in 2019 because it was the only leaving EU option on offer. I am broadly supportive of the way most Governments (including our own) handled the early stages of the pandemic. I am not supportive of their lockdown breaches and their being too quick to relax restrictions. I am sure I will be shouted down by the black and white world inhabited by many on NSC.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not caring about killing people?

How exactly have I killed anyone?

The lockdown rules were imposed by the Government who said (every night on TV) "Stay Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives". If you broke those rules then you have no care for the two outcomes at the end of that slogan.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am broadly supportive of the way most Governments (including our own) handled the early stages of the pandemic.

Shocking.

When hundreds were dying in Italy, it was obvious the virus was coming, the Government did nothing. Well over one thousand people flew in and seeded the virus meaning thousands and thousands died needlessly because the Government were slow to protect us. Horrific.

There were frequent calls from almost everywhere, to close the borders, Johnson needed the bodies to pile high and then for him to catch it before he took the virus seriously. This odd ‘group think’ from Tory voters that the Government handled the pandemic well because they agreed to hand Oxford University a blank cheque for vaccines is as disturbing as folk saying Boris the Liar has done nothing wrong with allowing all those parties in no.10.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here