Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
4) the common take or yours, i read it as simply they have some people they'll be fining people and want to complete their investigation. people want them to investigate then not investigate.

I'd read again then:

Those with knowledge of the Met’s thinking said senior officers do not want Gray’s findings of wrongdoing published in detail before those who may be interviewed are spoken to by police, potentially polluting the recall of witnesses.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-indefinite-delay-met-intervention-partygate

Multiple sources reported the same this morning.

Thus completely changing their position from Tuesday and overruling the Leadership = Bad Leadership and an organisation that doesn't now what the other half thinks or is doing.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I wish people would make up their minds .. it was a DISGRACE that the police weren't involved, lots of hints about a conspiracy. Now, the very same people are outraged that the police ARE involved because they are running the investigation in a way they don't like, suggesting another conspiracy!

The social media mob want blood and they want it NOW! [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

I just hope the baying mob get what they want and soon, as depressing the state of the Johnson administration is at the moment it’s not too pretty seeing our fellow Albion fans literally implode at every tweet, rumour or piece of news on Johnson’s gatherings.

Resign now Boris, give the people what they want. ( Another Tory PM for 2 years)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I just hope the baying mob get what they want and soon, as depressing the state of the Johnson administration is at the moment it’s not too pretty seeing our fellow Albion fans literally implode at every tweet, rumour or piece of news on Johnson’s gatherings.

Resign now Boris, give the people what they want. ( Another Tory PM for 2 years)

Nonsense Chicken. I love semi-imploding at every tweet, rumour and news etc. In fact, mind your own f******g business :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Unfortunately for some of us the incompetence of Johnson as an elected leader and the appalling leadership of the MET is nothing new.

As for our current Mayor who is supposed to oversee one of them, he's done his usual disappearing act.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd read again then:

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...s-indefinite-delay-met-intervention-partygate

Multiple sources reported the same this morning.

Thus completely changing their position from Tuesday and overruling the Leadership = Bad Leadership and an organisation that doesn't now what the other half thinks or is doing.

same article
The Met are understood to be looking into wrongdoing that could warrant fixed-penalty notices, rather than any more serious offences.
naively perhaps i didnt read anything more into that.
yep, the Met might well be incompetent (why promise anything going into an investigation), doesnt mean a conspiracy.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
They are setting this up very well, aren't they.

This is going the way off all the bad/juicy stuff being investigated by the police, but ultimately no technical law breaking. This will be out in a few weeks.

In the meantime all the minor stuff will come out and Johnson will be confident of deflecting that.

By the time the police report comes out this will have all blown over.

The thing is not the technical legality of it that's the real issue. I hope the media don't let them off the hook. They have been taking the piss and they'll likely get away with it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
yep, the Met might well be incompetent (why promise anything going into an investigation), doesnt mean a conspiracy.

Never claimed one, but they lurch from one incompetent **** up to another. It's been going on for years.

They are hugely politicised and joined by the hip to the Government of the day of whatever political persuasion. When they have fallen down a hole they've usually dug it in the first place

They need a clear out at the top and I'd imagine the vast majority of hard working Policeman and Policewomen totally agree.

Against my better judgement I was defending them today on this thread, silly me.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
same article

The absolute uselessness of both the Met and Sussex OB is exactly why conspiracy is nonsesnse.

These people can't even stop their own Diplomatic Protection officers raping and killing women or drones shutting down Gatwick Airport or Palace fans storming The Amex (and then lie about it).

The idea that they would be organised enough to be "in" on some world wide Masonic plot is hilarious.

Nevertheless, there are people in the Met who are connected to the Government and Pritti Patel is their ultimate boss, so collusion certainly isn't a totally left field idea.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The absolute uselessness of both the Met and Sussex OB is exactly why conspiracy is nonsesnse.

These people can't even stop their own Diplomatic Protection officers raping and killing women or drones shutting down Gatwick Airport or Palace fans storming The Amex (and then lie about it).

The idea that they would be organised enough to be "in" on some world wide Masonic plot is hilarious.

Nevertheless, there are people in the Met who are connected to the Government and Pritti Patel is their ultimate boss, so collusion certainly isn't a totally left field idea.

Let's not forgot "jumping over the barrier" at Stockwell Tube Station.

.. and who was in charge of that operation is a previous role ?

mmmmmmmmmm....

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
A question that I'm struggling with: will the delay of the report actually benefit Johnson?
Yes: it buys him some time, the public get more bored by this.
No: it drags this issue on, there's no closure, etc

What else?
There seems little doubt that Cressida Dick is corrupt, and will announce her retirement just before whenever the next GE is.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Rather than quoting my own post (directly above), C4 News have just said the Met will only investigate breaches of Covid regulations, and not other more serious allegations, eg misconduct in public office. If so, WTF are they interfering with the publication of the Sue Gray report?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hell will freeze over before I take advice from the likes of you old son [emoji106]

So you're on a moderated forum, stating that you won't take advice from the moderators?

No wonder you've had a few bans :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rather than quoting my own post (directly above), C4 News have just said the Met will only investigate breaches of Covid regulations, and not other more serious allegations, eg misconduct in public office. If so, WTF are they interfering with the publication of the Sue Gray report?

A question most legal experts are asking too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here