Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] The Landscapers

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Anyone else watching this little gem on Sky? Olivia Coleman and David Thewlis play Susan and Christopher Edwards who fled the country after killing her parents and burying them in the back garden. There’s a touch of the surreal to this true story and a bizarre and funny pair of people.

Had me laughing out loud at points. Fantastic cast too. Best thing I’ve seen for a while.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Really enjoying it, very dark and very funny despite the subject matter. My only slight criticism is Kate O’Flynn seems to be doing a tribute/parody of Kate Fleming from Line of Duty.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
Half way through and loving it.

It's not a 100% faithful recreation of the case but the subject matter is so bizarre anyway that it's much better set as a drama rather than a dry documentary. The portrayal of the police officers involved is completely fictional (they appear to be providing the comedy element) and I completely agree about DCI Flemming!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Half way through and loving it.

It's not a 100% faithful recreation of the case (eg they gave themselves up in Lille, not London) but the subject matter is so bizarre anyway that it's much better set as a drama rather than a dry documentary. The portrayal of the police officers involved is completely fictional (they appear to be providing the comedy element) and I completely agree about DCI Flemming!

True, it contains a lot of artistic license. I think they are trying to portray the couples’ bizarre inner life. Some of the ways they have done the sets and integrated them into the story-telling are fantastic.
I watched it all last night and was very impressed.
And it seems to be getting brilliant reviews.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
True, it contains a lot of artistic license. I think they are trying to portray the couples’ bizarre inner life. Some of the ways they have done the sets and integrated them into the story-telling are fantastic.
I watched it all last night and was very impressed.
And it seems to be getting brilliant reviews.

We haven’t watched it all yet, but thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes. Brilliantly done and Olivia Colman with David Thewlis are superb. The review of the first episode in the Guardian described it as a career best performance for Colman.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I watched episode one, but no more.
Should they treat this as a comedy? After all, it details the death of two real people. Real life murder is not a matter to laugh at.
IMHO it is fine to have a quirky comedy in ,eg. Professor T which is pure fiction but they owed it to the dead ,and any living relatives to treat their deaths seriously.
What was the depiction of the Police all about, again these are real people who put the couple away and the program depicted them as idiots...
No , this one is not for me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here