Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leicester away - now Sunday 23/01/22

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
As per thread title. Game moved back due to rugby on the Saturday (never heard of that scenario before)

Can’t find another thread for this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As per thread title. Game moved back due to rugby on the Saturday (never heard of that scenario before)

Can’t find another thread for this.

What rugby game?

Edit seen it -Leicester Tigers are playing. WTF.

What is the reasoning, they don’t play at the King Power do they?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Absolute piss take for those who have already bought advanced train tickets. I’d already decided that I was giving this one a miss but not fair on those affected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
So move the Rugger. Why does the Footy have to move?

Rugby is being televised so wouldn’t be moved. With the grounds being so close and the shared car parks etc there was no way both were going to go ahead at the same time. The announcement could have been made as soon as the clash became obvious which would have been back in September when the European fixtures for rugby were announced.

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Absolute piss take for those who have already bought advanced train tickets. I’d already decided that I was giving this one a miss but not fair on those affected.

its one thing to have bought tickets and then have the game moved for TV coverage, thats a risk people take knowing that matches can be moved, but to move a match AFTER the tv games are announced for a rugby match seems to be more than a tad unfair.

If someone now cant go are refunds for match tickets available?

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
its one thing to have bought tickets and then have the game moved for TV coverage, thats a risk people take knowing that matches can be moved, but to move a match AFTER the tv games are announced for a rugby match seems to be more than a tad unfair.

If someone now cant go are refunds for match tickets available?

Match tickets haven’t gone on sale yet but train tickets certainly have.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So move the Rugger. Why does the Footy have to move?

Why not ? It's a European Cup game and Leicester attract crowds of 25,000

It's also televised by BT, so we shall not question.

That said, I'd like to know BT's reasoning as the matches are spread over the weekend.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Why not ? It's a European Cup game and Leicester attract crowds of 25,000

It's also televised by BT, so we shall not question.

That said, I'd like to know BT's reasoning as the matches are spread over the weekend.
BT will have looked at their viewing figures from previous years and know when the best day/time to schedule the TV game, in the same way that Sky work out the football schedules.

Having said that I wonder what the most bizarre reason for moving a Premier League game has been?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Amazed this has never clashed before

Its has but maybe not for Leicester or a Premier League game. Coventry had to move games a few seasons ago due to clashes with Wasps fixtures which were going to take place at the same stadium.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Its has but maybe not for Leicester or a Premier League game. Coventry had to move games a few seasons ago due to clashes with Wasps fixtures which were going to take place at the same stadium.

It's an interesting one. Leicester Tigers matches are obviously moved to avoid clashes. There is a lot of rugger on BT (good for egg chasing fans like me) and I've never really thought about it because it's always spread over the weekend anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here