Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Antef Tsoungui - injury?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Seemed like a nasty injury in the U23 match last Friday. Any news?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seemed like a nasty injury in the U23 match last Friday. Any news?

Not seen anything but did witness what looked like the very deliberate challenge by the dirty scouser.................imagine it was his achilles, so could be a bit like Trossard's elbow in that hurts like **** when it actually happens but maybe not too bad. Hope so anyway.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate Potter gives injury update pre match but would like a little more detail. Nature of injury and in Websters case is this a return of previous injury

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Fine command of the English language, that lad, as heard on MyAlbionTV after he was choopped down by the Liverpool player. Also showed it when sent off at Forest Green - from whereI was sitting not far behind the dugout, there was no trace of a 'foreign' accent either ...........
So, is he English (as per the Albion website) or Belgian (as per Wikipedia)? And if he has dual nationality - that would be Belgian and British/UK - would I be right in thinking he can choose which of the home associations he wants to align himself with? If so, for international prospects, would it be a good move for him to declare his undying love for, say, Wales?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fine command of the English language, that lad, as heard on MyAlbionTV after he was choopped down by the Liverpool player. Also showed it when sent off at Forest Green - from whereI was sitting not far behind the dugout, there was no trace of a 'foreign' accent either ...........
So, is he English (as per the Albion website) or Belgian (as per Wikipedia)? And if he has dual nationality - that would be Belgian and British/UK - would I be right in thinking he can choose which of the home associations he wants to align himself with? If so, for international prospects, would it be a good move for him to declare his undying love for, say, Wales?

His whole tirade of abuse at the Scouser is still available online (youtube - 28:30 approx into the game)……the challenge looks quite innocuous at first glance but still looks like an achilles raking to me

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

If I understand correctly he's lived in Crawley since he was about 5 so his spoken English is obviously as good as anyone's.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure I've seen the club make any injjury updates on U23 players in the past... doubt they'll do it now..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yes, I agree - that's what I said. Doesn't answer my questions though.

He'd be eligible to play for England (through residency), Belgium (through birth), Cameroon (through his father), or Italy (through his mother). He has played for Belgium U18s but hasn't yet featured for any senior International Squads. Probably depends on which association approaches him and gives him the best sales pitch.

*** Edit:

Actually looking at

Any player who refers to art. 5 par. 1 to assume a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.

He might not be able to play for England through residency. Some info online says his nationality is Belgian and others say English.

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As for the injury he's not posted anything on social media about it that I can see.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He'd be eligible to play for England (through residency), Belgium (through birth), Cameroon (through his father), or Italy (through his mother). He has played for Belgium U18s but hasn't yet featured for any senior International Squads. Probably depends on which association approaches him and gives him the best sales pitch.

*** Edit:

Actually looking at

Any player who refers to art. 5 par. 1 to assume a new nationality and who has not played international football [in a match (either in full or in part) in an official competition of any category or any type of football] shall be eligible to play for the new representative team only if he fulfils one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant association;
c) His grandmother or grandfather was born on the territory of the relevant association;
d) He has lived continuously for at least five years after reaching the age of 18 on the territory of the relevant association.

He might not be able to play for England through residency. Some info online says his nationality is Belgian and others say English.
Residency - no - but if he has dual Belgian/British nationality, he can presumably play for Britain - or more precisely, since there isn't (thank goodness) a GB team, one of the national associations in the UK. As it's due to nationality, not residency, can he then choose which of the UK associations he plays for? (and yes I know he can qualify for Belgium, Cameroon and Italy).

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Residency - no - but if he has dual Belgian/British nationality, he can presumably play for Britain - or more precisely, since there isn't (thank goodness) a GB team, one of the national associations in the UK. As it's due to nationality, not residency, can he then choose which of the UK associations he plays for? (and yes I know he can qualify for Belgium, Cameroon and Italy).

Out of the UK associations I think he could only play for England (unless he has some UK grandpa somewhere):

A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.
— Home nations agreement

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Out of the UK associations I think he could only play for England (unless he has some UK grandpa somewhere):

A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:
a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;
d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.
— Home nations agreement

Cheers, that settles it. I had an idea - possibly with refugees granted UK citizenship - that once settled as UK (just the UK in general) citizens, they could choose which home association to affiliate to. Being brought up in England from the age of 5 is a pretty convincing argument, and makes sense. :thumbsup:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Cheers, that settles it. I had an idea - possibly with refugees granted UK citizenship - that once settled as UK (just the UK in general) citizens, they could choose which home association to affiliate to. Being brought up in England from the age of 5 is a pretty convincing argument, and makes sense. :thumbsup:

That changed after a player that had emigrated to the UK ended up playing for Northern Ireland despite having zero links to NI and hadn't even having been there before. Can't remember their name though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here