Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rare red 1985/86 Brighton & Hove Albion shirt

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
FOR SALE: Rare (so rare, it's the only one in existence) red, match-worn No.6 Brighton shirt from the 1985/86 season, as worn by Gary O'Reilly. This shirt was never made as a replica.

If you would like to make a bid, head to... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154737537539?hash=item2407137203:g:20IAAOSwbAFhrx2d

If you don't want to make a bid, please share this auction. All proceeds from the sale of this shirt go to Horsham Food Bank and Macmillan Cancer Support. Good luck, everyone!

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.23.39.png Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 11.23.58.png

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
FOR SALE: Rare (so rare, it's the only one in existence) red, match-worn No.6 Brighton shirt from the 1985/86 season, as worn by Gary O'Reilly. This shirt was never made as a replica.

If you would like to make a bid, head to... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154737537539?hash=item2407137203:g:20IAAOSwbAFhrx2d

If you don't want to make a bid, please share this auction. All proceeds from the sale of this shirt go to Horsham Food Bank and Macmillan Cancer Support. Good luck, everyone!

View attachment 142601 View attachment 142600

It is a thing of absolute beauty. :love:

I had a long sleeved one, number 10 (match worn by Connor and by Saunders) with NOBO sponsor (the year after this one?) but sold it about 10 years ago, to someone on here!

And as featured on [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] 's tremendous site: https://www.oldfootballshirts.com/e...ghton-and-hove-albion-football-shirt-s33.html

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This very shirt must have made an appearance in the infamous FA Cup 5th round tie at Peterborough in the 1995/96 season, long remembered by the snow clad pitch and the game being played with an orange ball, Steve Jacobs scoring for us in a 2-2 draw, with the Albion going through after a replay at the Goldstone.

1985/86 was my first full season watching the Albion. Some great memories for me from looking at that shirt!

EDIT: Having said all that, maybe a long sleeve version was worn, bearing in mind the inclement weather conditions.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This very shirt must have made an appearance in the infamous FA Cup 5th round tie at Peterborough in the 1995/96 season, long remembered by the snow clad pitch and the game being played with an orange ball, Steve Jacobs scoring for us in a 1-1 draw, with the Albion going through after a replay at the Goldstone.

1985/86 was my first full season watching the Albion. Some great memories for me from looking at that shirt!

EDIT: Having said all that, maybe a long sleeve version was worn, bearing in mind the inclement weather conditions.

Very short clip of the game HERE

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220611907318697984

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This very shirt must have made an appearance in the infamous FA Cup 5th round tie at Peterborough in the 1995/96 season, long remembered by the snow clad pitch and the game being played with an orange ball, Steve Jacobs scoring for us in a 2-2 draw, with the Albion going through after a replay at the Goldstone.

Wasn't it a rare game that tickets had to be bought which came with a free red scarf. Still have one in the loft somewhere

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
How GLORIOUS would a SKINT + ADIDAS Albion shirt be? Red or otherwise. What an absolute STEAL if somebody could knock one out for about thruppence in, say, Cambodia :wink:

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Rare red 1985/86 Brighton & Hove Albion shirt

Hmmm there is something telling me that you may well be right, a silk type scarf if l remember correctly?

It was a proper material scarf (although quite thin) not a cheap imitation silk one.

Great shirt, I bought one of the recent retro copies of it and it’s pretty decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

The crowd was just over 15,000, all of whom seemed to be packed into the away end. It's one of the very few times I've felt genuinely concerned for a crush, as there were FAR too many Brighton fans in the away end that day.

However, yes - it is the very same shirt.

Last edited:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
It is a thing of absolute beauty. :love:

I had a long sleeved one, number 10 (match worn by Connor and by Saunders) with NOBO sponsor (the year after this one?) but sold it about 10 years ago, to someone on here!

It hardly seems likely - in fact, it's quite perverse - that a team with Connor and Saunders should finish bottom of the table. We were bottom even when Saunders was sold for tuppence ha'penny two-thirds of the way through the season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It hardly seems likely - in fact, it's quite perverse - that a team with Connor and Saunders should finish bottom of the table. We were bottom even when Saunders was sold for tuppence ha'penny two-thirds of the way through the season.
My first season of doing all the aways with my mates we lost most weeks but what a ball we had.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013

A thing of rare beauty yes.

My first replica shirt was the following season 86/87 and the first of the NOBO iterations.

My favourite was the first NOBO Tesco kit in 1988. I had a look for this recently and gave up quickly as I was so scared it had been lost during multiple house moves over the years. I’m going to pretend I’ve seen it in the loft.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Final bid was £1,070.

Thank you to all those who expressed an interest, and even put in a bid. Once we've sorted out the fees to be paid, we will be making a donation of all of the proceeds to the Horsham District Foodbank and to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Final bid was £1,070.

Thank you to all those who expressed an interest, and even put in a bid. Once we've sorted out the fees to be paid, we will be making a donation of all of the proceeds to the Horsham District Foodbank and to Macmillan Cancer Support.

Two great causes if l may say so. Congraulations to the successful bidder.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Final bid was £1,070.

That is a cracking result. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here