Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Solution for new striker

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
What does his missus look like?

cathie-jung-extreme-corsetguinness-world-record-for-the-smallest-waist-EGARK4.jpg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
He needs to fill out a bit - make him harder to knock off the ball.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Not being pedantic, but the defending is the equivalent to the Jupiler league. Shocking. And as for the first goal. What were Stockley park thinking of. That’s miles offside.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
If those chances came to our 'strike force' they would have either passed it to someone else, or missed the goal, sign him up, even if just to be a coach.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The closest we've ever got to Darrel the Barrel was Jake Forster-Cask-ey.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The closest we've ever got to Darrel the Barrel was Jake Forster-Cask-ey.

What about Craig Mackerel-Smith

(Have I gone too soon with the fish puns?)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This will be quite the window.

I believe now that if Potter plays the following line-up in the forward positions, we’ll be fine for a top 10 finish. These three can get goals (if at least two of them play):

—————Welbeck——-Maupay—————
————————-Trossard————————

However, we know that injury or suspension is going to hit regularly. So we need three more attacking players to back them up.

Sarmiento is due back earlier than thought in February so that’s one body and perhaps the very young Ferguson is another?

Connolly will breathing in putrid smog by the end of the day having been announced as a Boro striker so he is out. Potter has sort of hinted that Locadia might be moving in January and whilst Andone is being sent home, surely it’ll be a revolving door job? Sima may well return but won’t be able to play for us because he has already played for two clubs this season. We then have Longman, Khadra, Zeqiri and Mitoma who’ll all surely stay at their respective loan destinations since they are getting good minutes?

In short, we need at least one more attacking ‘body’ in. I think we’re in for an exciting January as I’m sure we’ll get our man (or men) this time round.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
This will be quite the window.

I believe now that if Potter plays the following line-up in the forward positions, we’ll be fine for a top 10 finish. These three can get goals (if at least two of them play):

—————Welbeck——-Maupay—————
————————-Trossard————————

However, we know that injury or suspension is going to hit regularly. So we need three more attacking players to back them up.

Sarmiento is due back earlier than thought in February so that’s one body and perhaps the very young Ferguson is another?

Connolly will breathing in putrid smog by the end of the day having been announced as a Boro striker so he is out. Potter has sort of hinted that Locadia might be moving in January and whilst Andone is being sent home, surely it’ll be a revolving door job? Sima may well return but won’t be able to play for us because he has already played for two clubs this season. We then have Longman, Khadra, Zeqiri and Mitoma who’ll all surely stay at their respective loan destinations since they are getting good minutes?

In short, we need at least one more attacking ‘body’ in. I think we’re in for an exciting January as I’m sure we’ll get our man (or men) this time round.

I agree that with those 3 we should be ok, not sure about top 10, but definitely avoid a relegation fight.

But I think the club might take a punt and bide time. Maupay and Trossard have proved to be fairly resilient and you'd hope Welbeck could be good for 7/8 games at a minimum. We have the youth and I might add Tolaj to your list.

No doubt at all we need a striker and I think we'll get one if the price is right but January is January, plus Newcastle will be swarming all over it with their cash

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here