Votes: 16 20.5%
  • No Pudding

Votes: 6 7.7%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So you've roasted your bird and indulged, now something sweet to round everything off in style. What will you be serving up for pudding this Christmas Day?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Mint Vienetta to go along with Christmas pudding and custard.

I can feel a stone in weight being put on over Xmas this year!:xmas:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If you've got room for a dessert after Christmas dinner then you've done Christmas dinner wrong. Cheeseboard later in the evening.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Christmas pudding is the answer.

The question should be:

What do you have with your Christmas Pudding?
Custard
Cream
Brandy butter

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Cheese + biccies, anything else should be banned.

If you've got room for a dessert after Christmas dinner then you've done Christmas dinner wrong. Cheeseboard later in the evening.

I've nothing against cheese, its a good excuse to do some damage to a bottle of port, but if you think it has anything to do with afters, you are not treating yourself well enough. Christmas is a time to embrace your inner child and that means sugar and plenty of it. Try offering your inner child a bit of stilton instead of chocolate and he'd be, quite rightly, lying on the floor of your inner supermarket having an inner screaming tantrum.

Of course you don't have room for dessert. You don't actually have room for dinner after a bowl of Coco Pops covered in Baileys and a whole chocolate orange. You also don't have room for the cold meat sandwich and leftover roast potatoes that you'll need to be stuffing (with stuffing) later. It's Christmas. You plough through because it is what Jesus, Mary & Joseph and the little donkey want you to do.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Christmas is a time to embrace your inner child and that means sugar and plenty of it. Try offering your inner child a bit of stilton instead of chocolate and he'd be, quite rightly, lying on the floor of your inner supermarket having an inner screaming tantrum.

Not for all of us. I don't like chocolate, when I was a child I used to get a selection box of cheese ... stilton was one of my favourites.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So you've roasted your bird and indulged, now something sweet to round everything off in style. What will you be serving up for pudding this Christmas Day?

I thought you said we’d all be dead o’ the Covid by then?
Well, just incase we do survive I’m having a cheese board with pickles and chutneys on Table Water biscuits. And a powerful Malbec. But I’ll leave it a few hours, so I can enjoy it on its own merits and not just as something else to shove in my stupid face.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've nothing against cheese, its a good excuse to do some damage to a bottle of port, but if you think it has anything to do with afters, you are not treating yourself well enough. Christmas is a time to embrace your inner child and that means sugar and plenty of it. Try offering your inner child a bit of stilton instead of chocolate and he'd be, quite rightly, lying on the floor of your inner supermarket having an inner screaming tantrum.

Of course you don't have room for dessert. You don't actually have room for dinner after a bowl of Coco Pops covered in Baileys and a whole chocolate orange. You also don't have room for the cold meat sandwich and leftover roast potatoes that you'll need to be stuffing (with stuffing) later. It's Christmas. You plough through because it is what Jesus, Mary & Joseph and the little donkey want you to do.

This is of course, insane and wholly incorrect.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Well, just incase we do survive I’m having a cheese board with pickles and chutneys on Table Water biscuits. And a powerful Malbec.

You’ll definitely need something stronger than Rennies after that.

Edit: Boo, you changed chessboard.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We normally have a choice of some kind of Strawberries and Meringue (so hard to spell) and Christmas Pudding. I'm the only one that really likes the latter so we tend to get a small one just for me. I'll normally have it with ice cream if anyone is wondering. But often after indulging in the strawberries and meringue first. Cheese and crackers is for the evening not for desert.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Not for all of us. I don't like chocolate, when I was a child I used to get a selection box of cheese ... stilton was one of my favourites.

Try harder! None of us liked beer, whiskey or smoking when we first tried them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Can’t stand sweet puddings. I’ll just about try and enjoy mince pie and custard. And vanilla ice cream is acceptable. I dislike chocolate as it irritates my throat. I don’t mind the odd taste of a dessert but I don’t know how people can eat a whole bowl of something like sticky toffee pudding.

For some reason that stupid look adults have on their face when they are about to put a mouthful of pudding into their gob, sort of raise the eyebrows as if to say “oooh, I am awful, naughty but nice” irritates me so much. Especially if they are a fat knacker. Makes me want to shove them off their chair.

Merry Christmas one and all! :)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Try harder! None of us liked beer, whiskey or smoking when we first tried them.

I've reached 65, and I've found that I do like the 85% + chocolate that you can get. But I still don't like milk chocolate or any chocolate bars/Quality St etc

I did like whisky when I first tried it - but I was 20 then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here