Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you that we can ride this injury crisis out

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Without plummeting down the table?

I am very grateful that we have a 10 point cushion as we have some very important players out

Never underestimate Potter or the spirit in this squad but Christ we are light now. Especially if Trossard is out for any time.

Not meant to be a negative thread btw, I just think it’s a very tall order to expect us to ride this out without a few defeats. No guarantee that the bottom teams will do any better

Just hope the fans stick with the players and Potter and keep any negativity to NSC

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sunday will be interesting..I hope we get behind the side, they’ll need all the help they can get ..first game at the Amex since Boogate

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
Extremely confident. Ten points of the danger zone, 20 points in the bag. Great prospects in the U23’s. Keep the faith and get behind the management and players.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Meh, I am going Sunday to cheer on Thee Albion with no expectation of a victory, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised.
Maybe time for someone to step up and make a name for themselves, I’m sure we have the talent.
That’s the beauty about football, expect the unexpected.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think it will have some impact but not too bad.

In defense, they've done well without Webster when he's been injured and also in the five games Dunk missed last season due to suspensions. There was no noticable decrease in quality. Both out at the same time is a bit different however and it will probably be noticed somewhat even if Veltman, Duffy and Burn are all fine PL defenders.

Seems Trossard will be back so I dont see much issues higher up the pitch. Lallana is replaceable, Alzate and Welbeck has been out for a while, Sarmiento barely played so not a massive loss in that sense.

Think GP will pretty much give away the Chelsea game, resting key players there so expecting a loss but other than that is still a decent chance of points in every game.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
Very confident

We still have a large squad,we have players in the u 23 that can step up if needed.I also expect transfer activity in January

i still expect us to finish in the top ten

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I would like to know how long we expect each player to be out for.
It all seems a bit hush hush at the moment, especially around Dunks injury

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
We also have some difficult fixtures this month with Spurs , Man U and Chelsea. However, we have a habit of beating Spurs at home and it's about time we had some good fortune at Old Trafford.. I'd be very happy with a couple of wins from our 5 remaining December games

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I suspect a dampening of sheets may occur before this is over

Jimmy Grimble

I think it will have some impact but not too bad.

In defense, they've done well without Webster when he's been injured and also in the five games Dunk missed last season due to suspensions. There was no noticable decrease in quality. Both out at the same time is a bit different however and it will probably be noticed somewhat even if Veltman, Duffy and Burn are all fine PL defenders.

Seems Trossard will be back so I dont see much issues higher up the pitch. Lallana is replaceable, Alzate and Welbeck has been out for a while, Sarmiento barely played so not a massive loss in that sense.

Think GP will pretty much give away the Chelsea game, resting key players there so expecting a loss but other than that is still a decent chance of points in every game.

We had Ben White last year though.

I saw enough on Saturday to be very worried about our ability to play the way Potter has drilled the team without both Dunk and Webster.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We have some tough fixtures over the next few weeks, regardless of injuries.

As long as we can keep Lamptey, Trossard, Bissouma and Maupay fit, I think we'll be ok.

Ah shite…

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We had Ben White last year though.

I saw enough on Saturday to be very worried about our ability to play the way Potter has drilled the team without both Dunk and Webster.

Yes, agreed. Not only are Dunk and Webster our best defenders at CB, they're the best on the ball. Last year we were spoilt in having three of them. The difference was really highlighted on Saturday. Duffy and Burn are good players, but their combined lack of passing ability and reading of the game was noticeable, especially in comparison to the platform that Dunk and Webster provide in building up play.
It's the absence of this pair (alongside the non-availability of White) that will be the most difficult to replace. Fortunately, it looks as though Trossard won't even miss a game, because we would have missed his creativity too.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Do Clarke or Ostigard (notwithstanding he's injured himself) have recall options? If Dunk is out long term which seems to be on the rumour mill it would make sense to get some cover back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do Clarke or Ostigard (notwithstanding he's injured himself) have recall options? If Dunk is out long term which seems to be on the rumour mill it would make sense to get some cover back.

I think Clarke is on a 'shop window' loan rather than a development one. Ostigard a possibility I supposed - has had a short injury (back now unless he's injured again) but he's also been in and out recently after a good start. Van Hecke has also got himself into a place in a decent Championship side too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Following Giraffe's tracher thread, Spurs, United and Chelski aree free hits anyway, so not unduly worried. Even if we lose to Wolves and Brentford (unlikely, even with gaps in the squad) we'll only be one point behind the tracker by the end of the year.
No panic, thank you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here