Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Winston Reid

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Should we look at the free transfer market to solve a defensive crisis? Available on a free after leaving West Ham in September. Could a short term deal be done?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Should we look at the free transfer market to solve a defensive crisis? Available on a free after leaving West Ham in September. Could a short term deal be done?

No - we've got squad players and U23s. As suggested elsewhere, cometh the hour, cometh the man (or men). Besides, there are reasons why players are without a club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Dont see it happening (but Reid would be a good choice if it indeed happened).

If Dunks injury turns out to be more of a "several months" thing than a "four-six weeks" thing, then I could see Östigård being recalled from Stoke in January.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
remember him being really good, not heard of for a while. wiki suggests knee(s) shot, had a couple of injuries and not played for 3-4 years. a firm pass.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Dont see it happening (but Reid would be a good choice if it indeed happened).

If Dunks injury turns out to be more of a "several months" thing than a "four-six weeks" thing, then I could see Östigård being recalled from Stoke in January.

Have we got a recall clause in there?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Have we got a recall clause in there?

Dont think it has been mentioned at all in the media but I'd say yes likely, based on that he looked quite near the first team in the pre-season.

He is also a bit in and out of their team and even not on the bench sometimes so I dont think he would mind going back.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Dont think it has been mentioned at all in the media but I'd say yes likely, based on that he looked quite near the first team in the pre-season.

He is also a bit in and out of their team and even not on the bench sometimes so I dont think he would mind going back.

Slightly worrying he’s not ripping up any trees at Stoke

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Couldn't sign him even if we wanted to, left West Ham after the closure of the transfer window so cannot sign for anyone until the next window opens.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

He’s been injured a lot, made his comeback appearance for the Stoke U23s today.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Will Clarke ever be an option?

It’s not going to happen.
Despite some Pompey fans saying he is (or at least was) better than Webster.
He’s been a strange signing.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Roberts is left footed, same as Dunk, am sure he will get at least alternate games if not a few games in a row

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No thanks. No need to panic and sign any free agent when it sounds like Dunk will be our only long-term absence from the defense.

This. Get a grip everyone. Bare bones this weekend with Duffy suspended, but once Webster’s back we still have 5 fit centre backs, four of who have plenty of Premier League experience. And Dunk will probably be back fit by the end of the January window anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here