Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk out until January!?

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Going to miss Tottenham, Wolves, Manchester United, Brentford and Chelsea.

That's not good.

(Source: Argus/TheAthletic)

el punal

Cometh the hour, cometh the man - as the saying goes. Hopefully, with our ever increasing injury list, the replacements be they fringe players or from the development squad can do the business. As for us fans we’ve got to back the boys to the hilt, after the never say die commitment from the team at West Ham and Southampton they deserve our support and gratitude.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Cometh the hour, cometh the man - as the saying goes. Hopefully, with our ever increasing injury list, the replacements be they fringe players or from the development squad can do the business. As for us fans we’ve got to back the boys to the hilt, after the never say die commitment from the team at West Ham and Southampton they deserve our support and gratitude.

I agree with all that, a time to totally get behind all the players come what may.
There is no doubt that creating a positive atmosphere makes them play better, whilst a quiet and nervous atmosphere doesn't.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Potter also said something along the lines of “Dunk is 99.9% out of the spurs game”. So although even though that says he near enough certainly won’t be playing at the weekend it also says there was a 0.01% glimmer of hope he’d be fit, so the injury can’t be that bad.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Hopefully Webster will be back a bit earlier than that. The defense have shown in the past that it can still be fine without one of Dunk and Webster but if both are out for a while, it is naive to think it wont be noticeable.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Exciting opportunities for some then - and wins will be all the more satisfying.

Penny to a pound though, that the SSN and MOTD pundits wll be well versed in, and will tell us all about, the injury deprivations suffered by Tottenham, Wolves, Manchester United, Brentford and Chelsea!

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Bad bad news for us. Had wondered if he had a niggling injury recently as he wasn’t throwing himself around as much as usual in matches

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Can't remember Dunk ever been injured before?

Same. I thought he was made of granite...

I have absolutely no doubt we'll miss him. He's an absolute rock and we're pretty lucky he loves the club enough to stay as long as he has, and his boots will be big ones to fill whilst he recovers.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Same. I thought he was made of granite...

I have absolutely no doubt we'll miss him. He's an absolute rock and we're pretty lucky he loves the club enough to stay as long as he has, and his boots will be big ones to fill whilst he recovers.

I think Dan Burn might have very big boots.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Never really out for any length of time for us, maybe missed a game here or there. His only big spell out injured was when he went on a one month loan to Bristol City in September 2013 and got a knee injury in his second game, this was before loans could only be for half or full seasons, his loan was terminated immediately and he returned for treatment. He was back on the bench for us in December.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Hopefully Webster will be back a bit earlier than that. The defense have shown in the past that it can still be fine without one of Dunk and Webster but if both are out for a while, it is naive to think it wont be noticeable.

Potter said Webster and Lallana will be out for a further two weeks

Certainly not for a sustained period.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here