Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Missing matches due to COVID...

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No I don't mean when we all had to miss them in the lockdown.

I mean missing due to having to self isolate. I felt really lousy today and just took a test which to my surprise turned out positive.

I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme, so no smart Alec responses please, but I realize I have to miss the Albion vs Spurs and Wolves.

I bet we break our no win run and win them both. Why oh why couldn't I have had the darned thing in the boring international breaks that seem to populate all the early months of the season?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If both games are won, could you maybe stay home..?

Get well. Had Covid two weeks ago and felt pretty shit for about three days but then quickly back to full health, think its the case most of the times so dont worry too much.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No I don't mean when we all had to miss them in the lockdown.

I mean missing due to having to self isolate. I felt really lousy today and just took a test which to my surprise turned out positive.

I know it's a small thing in the grand scheme, so no smart Alec responses please, but I realize I have to miss the Albion vs Spurs and Wolves.

I bet we break our no win run and win them both. Why oh why couldn't I have had the darned thing in the boring international breaks that seem to populate all the early months of the season?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Did you go yesterday? Where did you sit/stand? Asking for a friend

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Re: The Southampton away game

A question for those that went: out of interest, did Southampton FC require proof of vaccination / negative covid tests as a condition of admission? I had a message this evening to say that one of the players in my son's football team has tested positive tonight - as have several of his immediate and not-so immediate family - and they all attended the Spurs vs Brentford fixture at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium together on Thursday. It seems quite soon after the potential exposure to result in a positive test (not that I know much about it) but apparently that is the only place they have all been together recently.

Hopefully everyone is fit and well, but the pictures I've seen of the Brighton end when our goal went in looked like a potential covid super-spreader event.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've received several messages today via the Covid app to say I have been in contact with person(s) who have tested positive for Covid, apparently on the 27th (Leeds game).
I do Covid tests for work and did an extra one today just to make sure, all clear so far.
[MENTION=600]Bry Nylon[/MENTION] - no proof required at Southampton, none of the staff had masks on either.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon

A question for those that went: out of interest, did Southampton FC require proof of vaccination / negative covid tests as a condition of admission? I had a message this evening to say that one of the players in my son's football team has tested positive tonight - as have several of his immediate and not-so immediate family - and they all attended the Spurs vs Brentford fixture at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium together on Thursday. It seems quite soon after the potential exposure to result in a positive test (not that I know much about it) but apparently that is the only place they have all been together recently.

Hopefully everyone is fit and well, but the pictures I've seen of the Brighton end when our goal went in looked like a potential covid super-spreader event.

Not sure what the official requirements were, but I was not asked for any proof, nor did I see anyone else being asked. Mind you, I wasn't asked for anything at The Amex before the Leeds match.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Generally you don't get asked but there can be random checks.

Also, if you've been pinged then suggest you do lateral flows for the next few days. I think the current rules at that you don't need to isolate unless contacted by track and trace but suggest you check up on the government site.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’ve only been to the Watford game this season. I was asked to show my Covid passport when I went in, but I arrived early. It worried me a lot when I crossed the concourse to go to the loo, just before kickoff as nobody was wearing a mask. I am over 70 with an autoimmune disease.
I did go to the Swansea cup game which only had 8000, but didn’t feel much safer.
I haven’t been since, partly because of the times of kickoffs which affects travel, and partly because it scares me. I am triple jabbed, but know people who are but have still been quite ill when infected.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Tested positive 4 weeks ago today. Still not fully recovered. It’s been horrible. Not been to a game since Newcastle and can’t see me going in the foreseeable.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I’m in my late sixties, healthy, but nervous of going to matches. I’ve got a ST which I put on the ticket exchange, being a single it never sells. I’ve been to three matches. I didn’t go just before my holiday, so hopefully I wouldn’t test positive.
. I don’t like Saturday evening matches and when I do go, I don’t feel safe on the concourse, no one wearing masks. I don’t really like sitting in my seat without a mask.
I’ve paid for a season ticket with Seagull Travel, so I’m losing money all round.
I’m tempted to cancel my ST next season and just buy a ticket as and when it feels safe to go.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Tested positive 4 weeks ago today. Still not fully recovered. It’s been horrible. Not been to a game since Newcastle and can’t see me going in the foreseeable.

Hope you start to pick up soon mate.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Generally you don't get asked but there can be random checks.

Also, if you've been pinged then suggest you do lateral flows for the next few days. I think the current rules at that you don't need to isolate unless contacted by track and trace but suggest you check up on the government site.

Track & Trace send you a code. You enter that in their site and if you’re double-jabbed and you have no symptoms then no requirement to self isolate. However if the person who caused the ping has Omicron then you have to isolate for 10 days. Also you need to get a PCR. Just been through the process.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’m in my late sixties, healthy, but nervous of going to matches. I’ve got a ST which I put on the ticket exchange, being a single it never sells. I’ve been to three matches. I didn’t go just before my holiday, so hopefully I wouldn’t test positive.
. I don’t like Saturday evening matches and when I do go, I don’t feel safe on the concourse, no one wearing masks. I don’t really like sitting in my seat without a mask.
I’ve paid for a season ticket with Seagull Travel, so I’m losing money all round.
I’m tempted to cancel my ST next season and just buy a ticket as and when it feels safe to go.

I feel exactly the same. I have sold my ticket on the exchange three times, bu that’s because my other half is asthmatic, doesn’t feel safe either, so the two tickets are sold as a pair.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I feel exactly the same. I have sold my ticket on the exchange three times, bu that’s because my other half is asthmatic, doesn’t feel safe either, so the two tickets are sold as a pair.

I'm asthmatic, fall into one of the higher risk age groups .... and the higher risk gender ! I've given up worrying about catching it and am now just getting on with my life ... football, pubs, restaurants etc. My father and mother passed in the last 4 months - not from COVID - and I decided to take my father's sage words when he broke lockdown to come and see us and his grandchildren - "I'm buggered I'm going to allow the government or some virus dictate to me how I live my life. If I die from it then so be it.". I think we just need to get on with life now.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm asthmatic, fall into one of the higher risk age groups .... and the higher risk gender ! I've given up worrying about catching it and am now just getting on with my life ... football, pubs, restaurants etc. My father and mother passed in the last 4 months - not from COVID - and I decided to take my father's sage words when he broke lockdown to come and see us and his grandchildren - "I'm buggered I'm going to allow the government or some virus dictate to me how I live my life. If I die from it then so be it.". I think we just need to get on with life now.

I am getting on with my life. I’m not exactly sitting at home feeling sorry for myself. I went to France for a fortnight, feeling completely safe there, and just returned from a weekend in Oxfordshire with close friends.
Football stadia make me feel uncomfortable, drunken fans who don’t give a damn about me, are not my idea of fun anymore.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Any superspreading was more likely to have occurred on the packed trains and in the packed "away" friendly pubs. I sat opposite a guy on the train on the way there, who seemed fine when we got on the train, but by the time we reached Southampton, his eyes were bloodshot and he was moaning. It never once occurred to him to put a mask on.

Having been treble jabbed I am trying to get on with my life, without inconveniencing other people. I have been to all our games this season bar Burnley and Liverpool away, which is more away games than I would usually take in. I have not had to show my vaccination record more than twice.

I am also keeping an eye on this new variant to try and understand how it changes things. Lateral flow this morning says negative.

I'm in the same boat as you, ST holder and Seagulls travel ST although I'm 75. I went to the Amex for Everton and Leicester but haven't been since as I'm not happy walking through the concourse or the toilets where 90% of people aren't wearing a mask.

I'm triple jabbed but I'm very unlikely to go to a game again until well into the new year; does there come a time when the club will say I'm not using my ST so they'll take it away? I doubt they'd do that if I'm not going to games during the pandemic for health reasons but there must be loads of people like me who aren't using their ST?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here