Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Troubled times for young EPL strikers

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Scoring goals is not a young man’s game in the EPL. It seems, you need bags and bags of experience. A quick glance yields very few U23s bagging the goals. In fact, 24 year old Watfodian Dennis seems to be the youngest striker able to play regularly and finish.

This is bad bad news for us. With Connolly, Sima, Zeqiri and Sarmiento; we have astonishing potential but looking at the career trajectories of the likes of initial EPL rejects like Toney & Armstrong, it could be many years before our young punts prove their worth.

We need an experienced striker in January, not just an accurate one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A young one scored against us yesterday

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

and I thought was bloody good. Strong, pacey and can finish. Both Soton and Palace will be gutted when their loan players go back to Chelsea with no hope of them signing for the respective clubs

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mason Greenwood seems to be doing alright.

Chelsea (Borja) & Man Utd will have some of the best young world class prospects on the planet. These players are exceptions whom don’t conform to the general rule; which is, the EPL is not the ideal place for U23 strikers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chelsea (Borja) & Man Utd will have some of the best young world class prospects on the planet. These players are exceptions whom don’t conform to the general rule; which is, the EPL is not the ideal place for U23 strikers.

How many U23 strikers is the norm for the PL then? As always, the best U23s are getting game time.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Four goals in ten league matches - he's doing alright!
Yes, apologies did not mean to come across as I did. Not a Manure fan, but I would love to see him play every game for them rather than Ronaldo
I think it is a shame he won't get the game time he should

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, apologies did not mean to come across as I did. Not a Manure fan, but I would love to see him play every game for them rather than Ronaldo
I think it is a shame he won't get the game time he should.
Agree with you about Ronaldo. Of course he'll score a lot of goals and be seen by the owners as a success, but it's not doing much for the team (which sounds odd as they'll be winning far more matches than they lose, but it doesn't sit right with me somehow (FWIW I think they'd be better off binning Pogba too, good player though he is)).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As a manu fan, I am very pleased Ronaldo is at Old Trafford,

I want to see the best players in the world play in the premier league and will be taking my “ Ronaldo, can I have your shirt please” banner to the United game at the Amex.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ivan Toney ??? Take out penalties and how many goals has be got

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here