Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] You wouldn't think it possible, would you?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If someone told you that...

- We are 15 games into the season
- We'd failed to win the last 10 of them

...would you also believe them if they said...

- We are in the top half of the table
- ...and 10 points above the relegation zone.

It just feels completely implausible, doesn't it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed it does, mate. Weird.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If someone told you that...

- We are 15 games into the season
- We'd failed to win the last 10 of them

...would you also believe them if they said...

- We are in the top half of the table
- ...and 10 points above the relegation zone.

It just feels completely implausible, doesn't it?

Depends if someone added you’d only lost 3 of those 15. No matter what the ratio of wins/draws, a side that has only lost 1/5th of their games you can generally assume is doing pretty well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
At least one of those is going to end soon :angel::tantrum::shrug::flypig:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Indeed. But it’ll separate at some point. We have had strange starts to the season before in the PL. It usually starts panning out in the NY.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We love you, we love you, we love you
And that’s the way we like it, we like it,
Because we follow the Palace, the Palace, the Palace,
Woo, ooh, woo, ooh, oooo...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I know I am very, very ungrateful but I can't help feeling disappointed at how many points we've left on the table due to woeful finishing. The 3 points we have stolen from Palace, West Ham and Southampton don't make up for the 8 points we have failed to get from Leeds, Newcastle, Norwich and Arsenal. Then there's Villa.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That logic seems based on The English Premier League being

#TheGrestestLeagueInTheWorld

Newcastle have won 1 game all season, and aren't bottom.
See also Norwich et al.

As hard as it is for the Albion to win it's even harder for other teams to overtake them.

This shouldn't be news to fans of a perennial bottom 4 side.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Depends if someone added you’d only lost 3 of those 15. No matter what the ratio of wins/draws, a side that has only lost 1/5th of their games you can generally assume is doing pretty well.

We are 4th in the league for defeats. Stunning. A direct effect of our possession game, teams can’t score against us if they don’t have the ball.

We all know we’d be well inside the top six if our players were able to finish chances.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I remember under Hughton, an interview where it was said that we aim to get the players to their peak fitness in the last third of the season. I wonder if that's still the case and whether the stats back this up ?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I know I am very, very ungrateful but I can't help feeling disappointed at how many points we've left on the table due to woeful finishing. The 3 points we have stolen from Palace, West Ham and Southampton don't make up for the 8 points we have failed to get from Leeds, Newcastle, Norwich and Arsenal. Then there's Villa.

I agree, I kind of hoped getting beaten by Villa would have been a Ctrl Alt Delete moment but we stagger on flattering to deceive.

League position is great, if a little flattering, yes we're hard to beat but I'd really like to see some goals and a win, I really don't care if we lose either. Its just shades of grey at the moment.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's a 10 point spread between 5th place and 17th place. That has to be unprecedented shirley? Strongly suspect the table will look very different come the end of year. Hopefully in a good way

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A top 3 harvesting almost all available points.

Below that a large group of clubs chiselling out wins and draws where we/they can.

It would take a few of those to go on winning runs, to punish our lack of wins and send us down the table.

Or … we win a couple of games.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Equally amazing at end of last season looked back on so many games when we dominated and deserved to win but didnt. However this season in 10th place and to be honest cant remember a game we dominated. Certainly not one game you could say we were unlucky. Complete opposite to last season. What do we all prefer

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Equally amazing at end of last season looked back on so many games when we dominated and deserved to win but didnt. However this season in 10th place and to be honest cant remember a game we dominated. Certainly not one game you could say we were unlucky. Complete opposite to last season. What do we all prefer

Sorry, what!? Did you see the Leeds game?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will another draw at home to Spurs with our depleted side be enough to silence the home boo boys.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

We nicked 2 points at Brentford

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here