Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Starting eleven plus subs for the Tottenham game

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Not really sure, but this bloke has been told he may well get a game .

64c--456x342.jpg

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If it was as serious as that, then surely he’d have not even walked off the pitch at West Ham, never mind play the full 90+ minutes with no apparent hinderence?

I’m inclined to agree, however the injury was apparently sustained in the final minutes/moments of the game. I watch a lot of NFL and ACLs are the blight of many players, I’ve seen many walk off unaided but are then gone for several months. Obviously I hope that it’s not that, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I thought Potter was talking more in terms of medial ligament and cartilage on Radio Sussex? He did say he was concerned though, and that alone would probably be 2-3 months.
:facepalm:
ACL would be disastrous.

I’d be inclined to recall Ostigard.

Interesting that he isn't in the 18 at all today for Stoke... either we have had a word (unlikely - they are well within their rights to play him) or he is also injured :facepalm:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m inclined to agree, however the injury was apparently sustained in the final minutes/moments of the game. I watch a lot of NFL and ACLs are the blight of many players, I’ve seen many walk off unaided but are then gone for several months. Obviously I hope that it’s not that, but I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

I'm not an expert; I'm just clutching at positivity straws to be honest. I wonder what sort of January recall clauses we have on the 3 centre backs currently on loan in the Championship if it does turn out to be more than a couple of weeks?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If it was as serious as that, then surely he’d have not even walked off the pitch at West Ham, never mind play the full 90+ minutes with no apparent hinderence?

I’m thinking the fact that Dunk was shown in the crowd at St Mary’s means that the injury was picked up late, after we’d travelled, which would indicate he was still training after the West Ham game and was expected to play against Southampton. There is no way Dunk would have travelled with the squad if we’d known he wasn’t going to play, he’d have stayed home and rested.

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Starting 11

Sanchez

Lamptey
Moder
Burn (Capt)
Cucurella

Macallister
Mwepu
Biss

March
Maupay
Connolly

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I’m thinking the fact that Dunk was shown in the crowd at St Mary’s means that the injury was picked up late, after we’d travelled, which would indicate he was still training after the West Ham game and was expected to play against Southampton. There is no way Dunk would have travelled with the squad if we’d known he wasn’t going to play, he’d have stayed home and rested.

That’s another straw of optimism to grasp. As you say, it would seem very strange for non-playing players to travel and expose themselves to an unnecessary COVID risk.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Moder at CB isn't the worst idea. Potter may have something even more left field up his sleeve.
Naylor mentioned that club regard Moder as an emergency centre back a while ago. I'm not up for trawling to find the particular quote though.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Possibly but don't forget he's club captain so irrespective of injury I'm sure he would have been there to support the team.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Possibly but don't forget he's club captain so irrespective of injury I'm sure he would have been there to support the team.

Even though he is club captain his recovery plan would have trumped any want to support the team etc. He would have been very unlikely to have travelled if they knew the injury was going to stop him playing. The fact Potter said in his pre match interview that they were still assessing the injury points to it only being discovered on the morning of the game and that Dunk was fully expected to play until that moment. Had it already been known he was injured he would have probably been at the training ground on Saturday having the injury assessed further by members of the medical team who didn’t travel.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sanchez

Lamptey

Veltman
Roberts
Burn

Cucurella

Bissouma
Moder

MacAllister

Maupay
Connolly

Tsoungi / Turns on the bench

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
One from the U23's to feature

Gary Dicker

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
One from the U23's to feature

Gary Dicker
I understand it's now considered to be a progressive idea to have a senior player-coach with the U23s (no, I'm not sure if t is either, but people who know far more than I do about football, development and coaching think it's a good idea, so I'll go along with it!) but on the evidence of the last few matches, Dicker just isn't good enough for our U23 team.

Wonder of the senior player-coach role would be better applied to the U18s?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I understand it's now considered to be a progressive idea to have a senior player-coach with the U23s (no, I'm not sure if t is either, but people who know far more than I do about football, development and coaching think it's a good idea, so I'll go along with it!) but on the evidence of the last few matches, Dicker just isn't good enough for our U23 team.

Wonder of the senior player-coach role would be better applied to the U18s?

He was ok against Liverpool

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would be gobsmacked if it was an ACL, considering he finished the match against West Ham. ACL is a stretcher job.

Not always. I've seen several players play with ACL injuries for a couple of minutes until they have to make a turn or something and realise it isnt working. Not common but no entirely unusual either.

No reason to expect the worst however. Will be interesting to watch GPs press conference ahead of the Wolves game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here