Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Useless SASTA

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Trains cancelled due to staff shortage may not be a surprise in Covid but cancelling direct Southampton to Brighton services and a connecting Pompey one looks like deliberately targeting Brighton fans.

Poor show - though on a personal note more drinking time to enjoy that equaliser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How's the station?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Southampton was best described as busy. I can’t wait to spend the next 50 minutes at Fratton with some drunk guys

Ahhhh, we stayed in Southampton for a bite to eat, heading down there now.

el punal

Trains cancelled due to staff shortage may not be a surprise in Covid but cancelling direct Southampton to Brighton services and a connecting Pompey one looks like deliberately targeting Brighton fans.

Poor show - though on a personal note more drinking time to enjoy that equaliser

So now you know! Every home game I travel on the Southern Murder on the Orient Stopping Express - holding my breath that it makes it from Southampton to Brighton, and then the return in the evening. Greggs opens at 8.00 am on Sundays if you need a bite to eat by the way. :cool:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
To be fair they did hold a train to allow Brighton fans to connect

[tweet]1467186024312934400[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
To be fair they did hold a train to allow Brighton fans to connect

[tweet]1467186024312934400[/tweet]

And they’ve just cancelled it for any stop except Shoreham and Hove. ***kwits

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
And they’ve just cancelled it for any stop except Shoreham and Hove. ***kwits

Yes we're on this train suffering the same.

Although still quicker home than via London, which was the official southern advice.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
John Major's parting gift to the commuting nation :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes we're on this train suffering the same.

Although still quicker home than via London, which was the official southern advice.

Are you on the 19:28 from Southampton Central?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No we went to Fratton about 5.40ish.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I just got on a Bluestar #1 ……. :cheers:

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

No, they aren’t targeting Brighton fans. As a regular user of their services I can assure you that SASTA are this shockingly bad all the time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
No, they aren’t targeting Brighton fans. As a regular user of their services I can assure you that SASTA are this shockingly bad all the time.

True. But today they chose the worst trains to cancel and then kept making it harder and harder. And, apparently, they also rejected using 8 car trains to get over there which would have taken no more staff.

As I've said before, these people always put their pay packet above the customer.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Seems like it was a pre-planned operation to make this day return as uncomfortable as possible ...
and, if it wasnt , it makes them the worst , most incompetent operators imaginable ...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got the 9.43 from Southwick and just about scrambled a seat.
Got the 7.28 from Southampton Central and just about scrambled a seat.

BOTH times I was facing backwards. Disgusting.

On the way back I was also DYING for a piss by the time we got to Barnham. But having seen the queue of semi-monged party-boys swaying their way to the cubicle on the train, I decided my leaky old 50 year-old bladder would just have to suck it up. I can't even begin to imagine the piss-drenched carnage behind that sliding door.

I know I'm an old fart, but awaydays like today kind of put me off. The equaliser was a blast, but the sheer logistics are a weapons-grade ballache.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here