Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Booing Saints fans

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It was a tiny, but audible minority ( as it always is) who thought it appropriate to boo Trossard off the pitch. I don't think I've ever before heard any fan of football behave that way towards a player whose injury is so serious it warrants them being stretchered off. Stupid morons.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
It was a tiny, but audible minority ( as it always is) who thought it appropriate to boo Trossard off the pitch. I don't think I've ever before heard any fan of football behave that way towards a player whose injury is so serious it warrants them being stretchered off. Stupid morons.
Derby County when Solly got stretchered off. Or Billy Sharpe against us. We booed him, turned out he had broken his leg.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
They booed their own team at the final whistle as did the West Ham fans in the week

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Derby County when Solly got stretchered off. Or Billy Sharpe against us. We booed him, turned out he had broken his leg.

Derby booed Calde having blood washed off his face on the sideline, in the same match as Solly was booed off, on a stretcher with a ruptured ACL.

I honestly don’t remember Brighton fans booing Billy Sharp when he was injured. The vast majority were so happy to be in the Amex at long last.
Incidentally, Sharp didn’t break his leg, he had ligament problems!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Didn’t West Ham fans boo one of our players (Solly?) off on a stretcher at the Amex a few years ago?

Here'sWally

Sep 27, 2021
Boo's like that, or like ours the other day, aren't neccessarily directed at the players or coach, not sure why people don't understand that.

It's a "boo" at the result, at the percieved injustice, it's a "boo" at the universe and it's mysteriously incomprehensible workings. I doubt the Saints fans were booing their team for what was a decent performance, if not result. Just like I doubt our fans were booing our team the other day. They were booing the moment, because, all things considered, from their point of view, the moment sucked.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

It's a sad reflection on the way society has progressed (regressed).

100,000 at Wembley in 1966 well behaved and sporting. Now it has come to this and the horrible events at Wembley at the Euro final.

Good luck to the people who will still be around in 30 years time as I dread to think how badly people will behave then.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Boo's like that, or like ours the other day, aren't neccessarily directed at the players or coach, not sure why people don't understand that.

It's a "boo" at the result, at the percieved injustice, it's a "boo" at the universe and it's mysteriously incomprehensible workings. I doubt the Saints fans were booing their team for what was a decent performance, if not result. Just like I doubt our fans were booing our team the other day. They were booing the moment, because, all things considered, from their point of view, the moment sucked.

I was saying they booed Trossard off the pitch. Pay attention.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Or Billy Sharpe against us. We booed him, turned out he had broken his leg.

Yeah, but apart from that, Sharpe could have carried on.....easily !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here