Dunk
Webster
Alzate
Sarmiento
Lallana
Trossard
Welbeck

And growing…..

Mostly players who’d expect to start. We’re in trouble.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Lets hope Veltman can play next weekend with a phantom of the opera style protective mask if he has broken his nose.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
All of a sudden we have a problem. But we do have some great options still to fill their place.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
All of a sudden we have a problem. But we do have some great options still to fill their place.

If Veltman, Dunk, Webster and Duffy are all out next weekend, I think we’re running quite light on ‘great options’ at centre back, tbh.

Literally left with Dan Burn and Hayden Roberts. Even Antef Tsongui went off injured yesterday.

Actually I thought of one more option, with lots of top level experience at centre back...

..Gary Dicker :clap2:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The length of Dunk's injury is key here. If he is back for next week then I would play Roberts alongside. If not then it doesn't look anywhere near as good with BDB & Roberts as a back two. Mind you if Tsoungi is injured the lad Offiah has looked good for the U23s. With Trossard out then time to bring in Locardia, or maybe Moran,Spong or Peupion? I also like the look of Ella and from the limited viewing of his game, he does tend to run at defences. I presume Ferguson is injured as he could be used as a genuine number 9 with Maupay doing the running, maybe?

Listen, this injury list new territory for us. However, we have depth of squad and a very useful U-23 squad. Out of adversity and all that ........

TNBA

TTF

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The length of Dunk's injury is key here. If he is back for next week then I would play Roberts alongside. If not then it doesn't look anywhere near as good with BDB & Roberts as a back two. Mind you if Tsoungi is injured the lad Offiah has looked good for the U23s. With Trossard out then time to bring in Locardia, or maybe Moran,Spong or Peupion? I also like the look of Ella and from the limited viewing of his game, he does tend to run at defences. I presume Ferguson is injured as he could be used as a genuine number 9 with Maupay doing the running, maybe?

Listen, this injury list new territory for us. However, we have depth of squad and a very useful U-23 squad. Out of adversity and all that ........

TNBA

TTF
I suspect Mac Allister will replace Trossard. It'll be good for him to get a run in the team.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Do we know how long Dunk will be out for yet?

No, but the fact that he seemed fine to play the full 96 minutes that other night would suggest that it can’t have been that serious, wouldn’t it? Hopefully just a bit of post-match swelling and stiffness that didn’t go down in 3 days but will be better after another 8 days rest!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

TNBA

TTF
Locadia? :facepalm: Oh come on, play nicely!

Burn and Roberts at CB - suddely we've gone from having to play right footers on the left to having too many left footers! Tsoungui probably unavailable through injury, but as a CB pairiing, him and Ed Turns have been immense, so we still haven't run out of options.
Wonder if we'll need to recall any loanees to fill gaps in January? - Ostigard, Clarke, Van Hecke (all doing well at CB in the Championship), Khadra, Caicedo......?

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We can hope Dunk and Veltman might be available next weekend, or for the midweek Wolves game ?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Dunk was sitting in the stands. Might be wishful thinking but if it was a bad one surely they wouldnt make him make that trip and sit in the cold.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Well at least it might mean we need to attack, it being the best form of defence and all that !! Duffy is though only out for one game.

The issue with playing Spurs is that that their strength is their front two being Kane and Song. GP has a week to work out an effective plan. Would accept a point now v Spurs.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think in the main our injury record has been ok in recent years with Lampteys being the worst.
What is bad is that Sarmiento could have seized a chance with Trossard out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here