Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The FA Cup

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Huge day for the football league teams and non league still in the FA Cup , one win away from a potential big payday against a big club like Brighton and Hove Albion for instance:rolleyes:, if I could pick a team for us to draw in the third round it would be Shrewsbury away but no doubt it'll be Middlesbrough away, who's your choice of opponent?

Buxton v Morecambe currently on BBC1 .

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The winner of Boreham Wood and St Albans City.

Obviously home would be better, but away would give a decent atmosphere and wouldn't be too far to travel.

If it's not a non-league team, someone like AFC Wimbledon away would be a great tie.

There's a fair chance it might be picked up by TV as well with the recent histories of the clubs and Cupset potential.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Engineers for me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone know when the draw is and where to watch it? Not been able to find it easily.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Well it won't be Pompey...

:lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think we are due a boring 2-0 third round exit at Manchester City or somewhere like that. One of those draws that makes you feel hard done by. Or perhaps even a surprise win, diluted by all the team changes, only to be paired away with Arsenal in the next round.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Virgs doing co-comms at Rochdale and just been referred to as former Brighton and Celtic left-back. :FFSPuncheon

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It will probably be Barrow away if they get through their replay, to give us a long expensive journey to watch the game.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Have a soft spot for Rochdale, I was born there and so was my paternal grandmother. Lovely bit on the ITV coverage about David Clough, a lifelong fan who sadly died last year. He spent years collecting lottery and scratch card money for the club. Doing whatever he could to help out. When he died he left his entire estate to the club, something like £250,000 which is a fortune to a club like Rochdale. This has enabled the fans to buy shares of the club so they will always have voice. Fans collected money in his memory and commissioned a statue of him that is now sat just next to the dugouts.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Have a soft spot for Rochdale, I was born there and so was my paternal grandmother. Lovely bit on the ITV coverage about David Clough, a lifelong fan who sadly died last year. He spent years collecting lottery and scratch card money for the club. Doing whatever he could to help out. When he died he left his entire estate to the club, something like £250,000 which is a fortune to a club like Rochdale. This has enabled the fans to buy shares of the club so they will always have voice. Fans collected money in his memory and commissioned a statue of him that is now sat just next to the dugouts.

Wonderful story, thanks for sharing.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Not unlike having Locadia in your squad

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here