Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2020 fan disorder

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I had no issue with the firms of old rucking with each other on a Saturday leaving the scarf wearers women & kids out of the picture. For good or bad these firms have evaporated leaving what I can only describe as wannabes at clubs including ours making a nuisance of themselves annoying normal fans women & kids.

Back to Wembley as others have said pissed up chavs and nothing more.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wont help England getting the World Cup (although I think things such as the number of available stadiums etc. is eventually going to make it happen anyway sooner rather than later).

The apparent coke problem must be dealt with. Visiting different fan boards this season there is definitely unusual number of incidents of violence/thuggery/overall nastiness. In modern society where such things are often recorded and shamed by the masses, I think such incidents would be highly unusual if there wasnt the influence of drugs.

There are only a few countries that are capable of offering the stadiums needed, and probably none that could match the travel times and convenience.

But the problem is that those countries do have the capacity to upgrade stadiums and make infrastructure changes.

When it comes to the World Cup, England will probably have the best bid- but they won't be awarded it. The best bid doesn't have to be the winner, the hosts just have to be capable of holding it. And a number of others are.

I won't live to see the next World Cup in England. And as time goes on more countries will develop the capability. It's gone. And what happened at Wembley has pushed it even further back.

Since 2010 just about every sport has held an international finals here, but the World Cup isn't coming..And I think a lot of us are sad- but also a little relieved. They should save the money. But they won't, it's a political waste of cash.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
First and foremost, those primarily to blame are those who can’t control their booze / drug intake and believe their right to attend a game without a ticket trumps the rights of legitimate ticket holders. Selfish scum, frankly.

Having sad that, Wembley and the Met can’t be absolved of blame (and they haven’t been); but for them to say they were taken by surprise or couldn’t predict what would happen etc is just risible. I believe most football supporters knew this had the potential to be a complete cluster**** outside the stadium and the warning signs were there from the semi-final especially.

Complete lack of preparedness from Wembley desperate to do stewarding on the cheap and a massive dereliction of duty by the Met. Amazed heads haven’t rolled.

What , exactly , did they expect...major final , home ground ....country?? was it ever going to be different.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So it's the authorities fault for not stopping the dickheads, not the dickheads themeselves.

Yes.

Literally any event with a large group of people needs adequate crowd control. The world is full of dickheads who need controlling, that's just a fact of life.

If you know that 50,000 of them are going to turn up in London at the same time then the authorities need to do something about it!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Tutting and finger wagging after the event isn't going to do anything. These people couldn't give a flying f**k what T. Higgins, disgusted of Rottingdean thinks about them, they'll be pissing themselves laughing at some of the coverage. Most of them would've had a great time going on the rampage unchallenged. If you want to stop it there needs to be a deterrent there and then.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yeah, but the ultimate responsiblity for the beahviour is with the cokeheads. Obviously their behaviour should have been anticipated and better security should have been planned . The trouble i have is some give the impression that it's all the police's fault for letting horrible scrotes be horrible scrotes and that the little ***** aren't to blame because it's in the nature of areseholes to be shitty

No, quite. Absolutely that :thumbsup:

boik

the oiks at wemberlee weren't thugs , they were classless ***** , pissed out of their heads , assembled en masse for one of the events of the decade .....have you been to matches on the continent or north africa.? , mental mate , mental .......all sorted out with tear gas and mounted police batten charges ........such a bunch of softies these days , i'll bet my back teeth that 40% of "revellers" at wemberlee on that day had little or no interest in football , just there to cause shyte and get pissed.

Not sure I understand your argument. Sounds like you think it's all a bit of fun? If so I won't bother trying to reason with you as it's obviously a waste of time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So it's the authorities fault for not stopping the dickheads, not the dickheads themeselves.
Both in my opinion. The dickheads themselves are of course accountable, but for the people running it, why did it come as a surprise that hundreds of feral rats weren't going to descend on the stadium? Wembley Way was lla carpet of broken glass and urine from about 4 hours before kick off. That should never have been allowed to happen.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Not sure I understand your argument. Sounds like you think it's all a bit of fun? If so I won't bother trying to reason with you as it's obviously a waste of time.

the youth of England never fail to disappoint do they...?? particularly when bulk alcohol is mixed with huge football events , add that to the entitled attitude of the younger generations ....i.e 'i aint got a ticket but i'm gonna get in anyway" i'm not condoning it at all but if those in charge didn't see it coming then they shouldn't be in the job ......woefully under staffed security wise and under policed.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
So if nobody got stabbed or killed then just let people get on with it. I presume you've never been with your kids or old parents when things have kicked off - it's not nice.

And please don't try fobbing this off as a political protest. Football thuggery has been around through bad times and good, whoever was in power. Unfortunately it just seems to attract the wrong type of fan. That doesn't mean you just let them do what they want with no consequences.

Englands youf are broken......who's to blame for the lack of discipline and self respect.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Englands youf are broken......who's to blame for the lack of discipline and self respect.

Same as it ever was... The portrayal of the 'youth of today' being as you describe by older folk and in the media goes back hundreds of years. I've seen plenty of adults at football (perhaps even more so than youth) act like absolute twats, anyway.

There's been a lot of fan disorder around Europe - France especially. Lots of societal issues in general around Europe and the world. Idiotic behaviour doesn't just happen in this country as much as some people think unruly behaviour only happens here or when our idiots capitalise on the cheap foreign holidays we offer. I'm currently reading 'Ultra: The Underworld of Italian football'. Makes our problematic youth at football seem tame.

Vast majority of fans at football young and old behave well. Problem at Wembley was that every group of dickheads from around the country decided to travel to London /Wembley for the 'experience'

Same as it ever was... The portrayal of the 'youth of today' being as you describe by older folk and in the media goes back hundreds of years. I've seen plenty of adults at football (perhaps even more so than youth) act like absolute twats, anyway.

There's been a lot of fan disorder around Europe - France especially. Lots of societal issues in general around Europe and the world. Idiotic behaviour doesn't just happen in this country as much as some people think unruly behaviour only happens here or when our idiots capitalise on the cheap foreign holidays we offer. I'm currently reading 'Ultra: The Underworld of Italian football'. Makes our problematic youth at football seem tame.

Vast majority of fans at football young and old behave well. Problem at Wembley was that every group of dickheads from around the country decided to travel to London /Wembley for the 'experience'

I think abroad they make quite an effort to cause disorder and put in alot of hard work and organisation. Sadly our problems stem from drink drugs and a complete lack of discipline and character. We need the birch and national service and ID CARDS also electric fences and alcohol exclusion zones around every ground.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think abroad they make quite an effort to cause disorder and put in alot of hard work and organisation. Sadly our problems stem from drink drugs and a complete lack of discipline and character. We need the birch and national service and ID CARDS also electric fences and alcohol exclusion zones around every ground.

Anyone who seeks violence and trouble lacks character and discipline in my book, organised or not. And of course drink and drugs are part of the problem abroad too. All the violence in French stadiums this year doesn't seem too organised to me for a start.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

yep....it was nailed on , fhukwitt central....and the Russians weren't around to put them in their places.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Anyone who seeks violence and trouble lacks character and discipline in my book, organised or not. And of course drink and drugs are part of the problem abroad too. All the violence in French stadiums this year doesn't seem too organised to me for a start.

in my day...:rolleyes:... if you acted up you got belted or caned , it made you reconsider your actions and think twice about acting up again.....that consequence has been removed by mummy mafia and now the youf have zero respect for anything or anyone.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
in my day...:rolleyes:... if you acted up you got belted or caned , it made you reconsider your actions and think twice about acting up again.....that consequence has been removed by mummy mafia and now the youf have zero respect for anything or anyone.

That's just bullshit though, isn't it.
Caning and belting didn't make those kids respectful, just made them resent those in authority even more.

Kids are no different to how they ever have been these days. Most of the youth are very respectful, a minority aren't.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That's just bullshit though, isn't it.
Caning and belting didn't make those kids respectful, just made them resent those in authority even more.

Kids are no different to how they ever have been these days. Most of the youth are very respectful, a minority aren't.

ok.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The average England home game is a clacker friendly, England band, family fest. Trouble is a mile away as the herberts have no interest breaking in for a qualifier against Albania. The authorities very naively policed and stewarded the final the same way even after the warning signs in the Germany and Denmark games (60,000 my arse). Someone was in charge of that shit show and they should be made accountable. You didn't need a crystal ball to see that one coming.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes, there were a large amount of people (lets not call them fans as the report did) outside the stadium pissed, coked up and whatever else and they should rightly be blamed. The complete lack of police presence, however, was a disgrace and whoever was in match control and organising the policing operation should pay with their job.

Walking onto Wembley Way a good few hours before the game it was clear that this was not a normal football crowd and yet the lack of police presence was shocking. They had warnings with the Semi-Final and seemingly did not learn. When you consider the number of police in and around Brighton when Palace come to town it amazed me that there were bare bones policing for a major final. To rely upon minimum wage stewards to deal with issues was a shocking dereliction of duty by the police that could have resulted in major injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here