Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter Interview: A cut above the rest

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
he does seem to come across as different to most other managers. I hope he is here for many years.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nice interview which pretty much sums him up. I hope he’s here for a long time

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If that interview was four time longer I’d still have wanted to read more

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta love the photo that accompanies the piece :lolol:

5000.jpg

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
“You’ve always got to provide a reason why players would come and play for your football club,” Potter says. “And if it’s just finances, then we’ll hit our ceiling, because 95% of the league’s determined by finance.

“So you have to provide something else: an identity, a style that players can identify with. Tariq Lamptey, Rob Sánchez, Jakub Moder, Leo Trossard: they’re getting opportunities to develop their careers, improve their own situation. And then if we’re going to go down that path, we need our supporters to really be on board with that.”

I'm on board Graham :thumbsup:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It just emphasised why I like him so much, and more so.

One thing that struck me was that HE was attracted to the club because of its ethos. So Bloom, Barber and co were already doing it! Absolutely no doubt that they got the right bloke!

Also glad he tackled the White £50m on a striker question, which anyone with any sense would realise anyway - if you spend big bucks there, it also means big wages, which throws everything else out of kilter. Our players may not be mega-rich but they’re happy.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Nice article, like him as a manager and hope he stays a long while. But I think there is a bit too much peer and media praise around him at the moment. He hasn't achieved anything here yet in terms of final league position or cup run. Hopeful he will but until then feel it should be dialed down a bit. Probably get lambasted for this opinion.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Nice article, like him as a manager and hope he stays a long while. But I think there is a bit too much peer and media praise around him at the moment. He hasn't achieved anything here yet in terms of final league position or cup run. Hopeful he will but until then feel it should be dialed down a bit. Probably get lambasted for this opinion.

I'm mainly curious about how you think that should be practically carried out..? Start a name list directed at the media, "Please praise Graham Potter a little less"?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Very good interview.

From now on, I'm going to take a closer look at what coaches do on the sidelines. It's all for show.

'Because football fundamentally is a players’ game. It’s not a coaches’ game. You can’t stop every five minutes and make adjustments.
You can do some stuff on the sideline, but that’s just for show, really. Mostly the players have to take responsibility.”

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very good interview.

From now on, I'm going to take a closer look at what coaches do on the sidelines. It's all for show.

'Because football fundamentally is a players’ game. It’s not a coaches’ game. You can’t stop every five minutes and make adjustments.
You can do some stuff on the sideline, but that’s just for show, really. Mostly the players have to take responsibility.”

Most coaches I've heard talk about it says that they mainly do it because they cant really stop themselves. You can point but few will see it and you can scream but few players will hear it.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Most coaches I've heard talk about it says that they mainly do it because they cant really stop themselves. You can point but few will see it and you can scream but few players will hear it.

Would a megaphone help?

Or, failing that, a device that sends a small electric shock to the stats pack of the player you want to alert.

Where there's a will, there's a way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here