Date: Saturday 4th December 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
VAR: Martin Atkinson
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Southampton will be without defender Jan Bednarek, who came off with a calf problem against Leicester.

Stuart Armstrong remains out with a similar issue, while goalkeeper Fraser Foster is doubtful because of an unspecified injury.

Brighton trio Jeremy Sarmiento, Adam Webster and Adam Lallana are unavailable after all three were injured in midweek against West Ham.

Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate are still sidelined.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Southampton have lost just one of their eight Premier League meetings with Brighton (W3, D4).
    [*=left]However, the Seagulls are unbeaten in their last four trips to St Mary's (W1, D3).
    [*=left]The home side have never won this fixture in eight previous Premier League matches between the two clubs.
Southampton

• [*=left]Southampton have lost just one of their seven home league games this season (W2, D4).
    [*=left]Saints have dropped 12 points from winning positions this season - only Newcastle and Burnley have a worse record in the Premier League.
    [*=left]Ralph Hasenhuttl's next defeat in the Premier League will be his 50th - no Saints manager has lost more in the competition.
    [*=left]Nathan Redmond has six assists in his last 12 league appearances at St Mary's.
    [*=left]Redmond could become the first Southampton player to assist in four consecutive Premier League home games.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could equal their club record of 10 consecutive top-flight matches without a victory, a sequence they last recorded in 1982.
    [*=left]Only Newcastle are enduring a longer winless in the Premier League than the Seagulls.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have lost just once on their travels this season, although they are also winless in their last five away games in the Premier League (D4, L1).
    [*=left]They have won six points from losing positions this season, a joint high with West Ham.

Graham Potter's Southampton Press Conference

[tweet]1467131681056382981[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1467131681056382981

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Thank you Dick
Saints away , should be winnable. Never easy but with luck on our side we can do this. We are well due a win and now that Maupay has found his shooting boots , more can come
They are 16th for a reason, we are top ten for a reason . With self belief, victory can be ours ! :albion2:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We're going to get a win eventually. If we play as well as we did last 2 games then very confident of a win today (partly based on a somewhat inexplicable extreme dislike of Stains)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The booing (I know, I know) after the Leeds game was frustration because we know how close to clicking this team really are. The way we play, we could seriously batter someone. Score early, luck tilts our way, Southampton could lose this by four or five.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
The booing (I know, I know) after the Leeds game was frustration because we know how close to clicking this team really are. The way we play, we could seriously batter someone. Score early, luck tilts our way, Southampton could lose this by four or five.

:laugh:

I admire your optimism. I'd just love for us to take 1 more chance than Southampton!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Stats are heading off early for this one.

It'll be good to spend a bit of time in the best city on the south coast.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This is one of the few 32K capacity grounds where we will fill our 3K end and do what away fans do regularly at the Amex, and outsing the home fans (with the exception of the 6 choruses of When The Saints).
Worried about our growing injury list but those coming in are all up to the job.
1:3
Don't forget the 6th minute applause for Arthur, the poor lad murdered by his step mother.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Shall I see if my mum can have the kids whilst we go to the shops?

Me: Yeah how about in the morning or Sunday?

My mums going to have them on Saturday at 2pm

Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here