Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Crystal Palace Half Marathon

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Mods - Please delete if not allowed

Earlier in the year I posted asking for help getting the word out about one of my son's friends who was missing in Bristol. Sadly he was later found dead having committed suicide.
Both my sons were affected by this and now they would like to do something to help people that are suffering with mental health issues.
As a result they are both running the Crystal Palace half marathon next weekend to raise money for mental health charity Mind. One of them is running it dressed as a banana (no idea why!) and the other in his Albion shirt (because he's a wind up merchant!)
If anyone can donate even a small amount to help them it would be much appreciated:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/michael-welch02

Many thanks

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Come on you lot. We can do better than this?
Have a pint less in the pub tomorrow and donate a fiver here instead to a very good cause.
:bounce:

Ozymandias86

Jun 24, 2011
Kanazawa
Done - best of luck to them!

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Thank you so much to everyone.
I cannot believe the generosity of people on here.
When I posted the total was just over £300 - sons had a target of £500 (and my wife has said she will run it in an Albion vest if they reached £500)
Total is now up to £600. We are all so grateful to everyone (and yes even Palace fans!)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Done. Big up and all the best.

CP Park is a cracking place to run. Went there for Parkrun once in my Albion shirt in an attempt at a wind-up. The people and Palace fans (not necessarily mutually exclusive) were so nice that I ended up feeling like more of a wally than usual.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Done

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Little cheeky bounce ..... don't let it ...... oh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here