Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pubs for Southampton

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Plenty in the town centre & very good eating eating establishments & I don't mean the usuals

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not great near the ground from my trips. Better to drink in town and 30~ minute walk

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Such a shame that in this day and age we can't have both sets of supporters mixing together prematch ?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Town is probably the best bet…. Normally the ones on Above Bar are a bit more ‘home’ fans.

London Road or Bedford Place were ok last time from memory.
That's where I'll be heading. Plenty of pubs round that area.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Titanic pub in simnel Road welcomes home and away apparently.
We're heading there.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Derby Road for an overnight stay.

You definitely need more than a mask for protection in one of Derby Road’s hospitality establishment’s!

I really shouldn’t let my total dislike for my home city influence this thread but in answer to the OP’s question, there are no good pubs close to the ground or really in the city full stop. Southampton is just a dive.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Browns 70 Millbank Street ( corner of William St ) last time I went, this was an evening match maybe 3 -4 years back. Short walk from the stadium and plenty of Albion fans were in there, seemed friendly enough.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Such a shame that in this day and age we can't have both sets of supporters mixing together prematch ?

You can if you choose the right pubs.

Part of the fun of football is the tribalism, but when mixed with alcohol it can have unwanted effects.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here