Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Brighton Town Centre Scubbing Up Really Well After Dark Right Now

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
IMHO, like. Going down North Street the lights are really sweet. Old Steine has new impressive Brighton Eye type thing plus fairground. Up the road, Pavilion is all lit up and has ice skating. Beyond that there's a brand new Christmas Market.

It's a really really sweet thing IMHO, even for gnarly old locals. For anybody just visiting, must seem a wee bit magical. All we need now is snow and it's job done! :xmas:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Almost certainly at its best this time of year.

I mean, in summer it looks good from a DISTANCE but then you realise those people on the beach are twenty stone chavs from Norwood, surrounded by discarded crisp packets and lager cans and they're lying on STONES.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably paying for it with the money from all those bloody bus lane fines - yes I speak as someone who got caught out recently.

It does look lovely though - not all Bah Humbug.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Almost certainly at its best this time of year.

I mean, in summer it looks good from a DISTANCE but then you realise those people on the beach are twenty stone chavs from Norwood, surrounded by discarded crisp packets and lager cans and they're lying on STONES.

That's a bit nasty IMHO. Norwood folks are folks just like us, apart from they live in a place that is far shitter than ours. Why would they NOT jump on a train to the seaside? Who WOULDN'T? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's a bit nasty IMHO. Norwood folks are folks just like us, apart from they live in a place that is far shitter than ours. Why would they NOT jump on a train to the seaside? Who WOULDN'T? ???

Oh I know.

But what's more aesthetically pleasing? Del from Norwood's sunburn or an ice rink, German market and lovely twinkling lights?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Oh I know.

But what's more aesthetically pleasing? Del from Norwood's sunburn or an ice rink, German market and lovely twinkling lights?

I thought Del hailed from Peckham? anyway l digress. He would feel very much at home at a market though, although only flogging British tat from his suitcase not German.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
IMHO, like. Going down North Street the lights are really sweet. Old Steine has new impressive Brighton Eye type thing plus fairground. Up the road, Pavilion is all lit up and has ice skating. Beyond that there's a brand new Christmas Market.

It's a really really sweet thing IMHO, even for gnarly old locals. For anybody just visiting, must seem a wee bit magical. All we need now is snow and it's job done! :xmas:

Are you Crodo in disguise?

Shouldn't there be a poll of what colour light is your favourite?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Probably paying for it with the money from all those bloody bus lane fines - yes I speak as someone who got caught out recently.

It does look lovely though - not all Bah Humbug.

I too have fallen foul of this, solidarity :cheers:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Looks awful in the day time. The millions spent on the Old Steine now fenced in by scabby security fencing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

This statement is no good without pics

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Looks awful in the day time. The millions spent on the Old Steine now fenced in by scabby security fencing.

Was waiting for the first comment like this.

It really doesn't look anything near awful. So many lovely parts of our city centre if you avoid a few spots (like any sizeable city)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was waiting for the first comment like this.

It really doesn't look anything near awful. So many lovely parts of our city centre if you avoid a few spots (like any sizeable city)

I was waiting for the first illiterate comment like this.

You have not understood my post.

744C491F-634D-42FA-9F38-A116C6297D52.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here