Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tories lose overall control of Worthing Council for the first time in 2 decades...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Changing demographics in Worthing...

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/19760732.tories-lose-majority-worthing-labour-by-election-win/

LABOUR has won a council by-election that has deprived the Conservatives of overall control for the first time in over two decades.

Vicki Wells beat her Conservative candidate Syed Ahmed by 267 votes in the election in the Marine ward for Worthing Borough Council.

That is fantastic news, let’s hope Labour can repeat this success in the Brighton & Hove Local Election and gain overall control of the council here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A big round of applause for all the activists like Pickles from NSC who put in so much hard work.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I never knew so many anti semites and terrorist sympathisers lived here..

Deary me, I suspect this is very much the kind of post Bozza had in mind when he talked of anti social elements on the board.

And for those of you who don't frequent the pit, where Baker Lite spends most of his days, and you're wondering what the hell he's on about, he is in the habit of deliberately posting doctored, racist videos. He then accuses others of his own faults, see above.

Here's a description of the post he made (the only time I have ever reported a post in 20 years of using NSC), a description he seems very keen to ignore despite asking me himself to explain. That's because there is nothing to dispute in my post.

Not quite. As you well know.

Dawn Butler did indeed film a video of herself getting stopped with her friend who was driving. At the time, racist twitter/facebook went in to overdrive claiming she had flipped the video to pretend that she was on the driver's side.

Now, these were you standard dumb as **** racists (think your mate Das Reich) who are too dense to realise that the front facing cameras produce a mirrored image, hence the 'flipping'.

There are more committed racists however, this is where you come in, and someone who we can only assume wanted to encourage more real world violence against DB, uploaded another video. This person flipped the video back, claiming that it showed the real view that DB was trying to lie about, and even threw in the untrue claim that the driver was in fact white and DB was lying about that too.
All easily debunked and shown as untrue.
That's the video you uploaded on here, and even if you were unaware (ha) you had it pointed out to you, and your response was to post a picture of DB's office (that's had bricks thrown through the window) hilariously flipped.
And to demonstrate how this kind of disinformation works, a few posters on here accepted that video and its claims as you presented it.

You only have to follow a few of your twitter links to see what a depressing little online hole you inhabit, but the posting of that video really showed you up as the nasty piece of work you really are.

Happy to clear that up for you. :thumbsup:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Deary me, I suspect this is very much the kind of post Bozza had in mind when he talked of anti social elements on the board.

And for those of you who don't frequent the pit, where Baker Lite spends most of his days, and you're wondering what the hell he's on about, he is in the habit of deliberately posting doctored, racist videos. He then accuses others of his own faults, see above.

Here's a description of the post he made (the only time I have ever reported a post in 20 years of using NSC), a description he seems very keen to ignore despite asking me himself to explain. That's because there is nothing to dispute in my post.

Both as bad as each other, sigh.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:facepalm: Doh, forgot all the disinformation I deliberately spread, silly me.

Disinformation like a photoshopped picture of Corbyn laying a wreath for the Liverpool taxi bomber that cost a Tory councillor a substantial amount of damages and led to a thread having to be removed from the Bear Pit to protect NSC?

Fortunately, if anything like that is ever posted again the one responsible will be perma banned.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Disinformation like a photoshopped picture of Corbyn laying a wreath for the Liverpool taxi bomber that cost a Tory councillor a substantial amount of damages and led to a thread having to be removed from the Bear Pit to protect NSC?

Fortunately, if anything like that is ever posted again the one responsible will be perma banned.

Missed that little gem, but sounds like the work of BL?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Missed that little gem, but sounds like the work of BL?

Yep.

To be fair, there's so much disinformation on his Twitter timeline it'll be hard for him to keep up with what's been the subject of legal action and what's just spurious allegations.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I never knew so many anti semites and terrorist sympathisers lived here..

What a vile contribution. Even more so when you acquaint yourself with the circumstances under which the election took place: the charming Conservative incumbent, Councillor Wills, standing down after his alleged association with a (very, very) far right ('white genocide' conspiracy theorists) group. Is this the local politics you really want to see? I'm sure you don't..

Maybe worth doing a little bit of research before posting such incendiary contributions?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...g-suspended-over-alleged-support-of-far-right

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This is even more amazing if you consider that Worthing hadn’t had a Labour councillor in 40 years, up until 2018. Since then 17 have been elected.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a vile contribution. Even more so when you acquaint yourself with the circumstances under which the election took place: the charming Conservative incumbent, Councillor Wills, standing down after his alleged association with a (very, very) far right ('white genocide' conspiracy theorists) group. Is this the local politics you really want to see? I'm sure you don't..

Maybe worth doing a little bit of research before posting such incendiary contributions?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...g-suspended-over-alleged-support-of-far-right

Baker Lite won’t be responding.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is even more amazing if you consider that Worthing hadn’t had a Labour councillor in 40 years, up until 2018. Since then 17 have been elected.

Loughton could be in trouble in the next GE - Labour has been catching up in his constituency.

Maybe Bottomley too - if Lab, Lib and Greens could work together

What a shift within just a few years

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Loughton could be in trouble in the next GE - Labour has been catching up in his constituency.

Maybe Bottomley too - if Lab, Lib and Greens could work together

What a shift within just a few years

Fingers crossed, street party a go-go potential.

TBH Labour need to promote a candidate to win the seat and they can do it, not just a labour party die hard like last time. Its getting the apathetic engaged that will make the difference. Whilst it should make a difference, someone genuinely local would help.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
The Tories days were always numbered as soon as Hisbe and Pizzaface moved in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here