Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Female commentator on west. ham Brighton game.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Said west ham United v Brighton and Hove Albion was 1 of the longest named fixtures .anyone now any different ones ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It certain beats Heart Of Midlothian versus Queen Of The South - by 2 letters

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
ManU, Man City, Spurs... there's loads of 'em...both Sheffields...Crewe, Colchester etc etc

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a good job she's not Swiss, otherwise she'd have to wrap her tongue around the Young Boys of Bern vs Grasshoppers Zurich.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's a good job she's not Swiss, otherwise she'd have to wrap her tongue around the Young Boys of Bern vs Grasshoppers Zurich.

"And who can forget the look of delight on Lionel Blair's face when Una Stubbs pulled off 12 Angry Men in less than two minutes"

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah - so now we come to the real point of the post.

Indeed. I was genuinely struggling to reconcile the thread title to the "number of letters" game but it seems the intention was good old fashiond sexism after all.

*puts away thread title editor*

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
"And who can forget the look of delight on Lionel Blair's face when Una Stubbs pulled off 12 Angry Men in less than two minutes"

Or, "And who can forget the look of disappointment on Lionel Blair's face as he was denied the opportunity to use his mouth on The Young Boys Of Bern vs The Grasshoppers of Zurich?"

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Clwb Pêl-droed Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch vs Nooit Opgeven Altijd Doorzetten Aangenaam Door Vermaak En Nuttig Door Ontspanning Combinatie Breda

:thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ah - so now we come to the real point of the post.

Yup. The commentator was perfectly fine. :shrug:

No idea why the thread title references the fact that the commentator was female. Had Guy Mowbray made that observation, can't believe the thread would have read "Male Commentator on West Ham vs Brighton game."

SAC

May 21, 2014
In the PL, Wolves v Brighton is the longest name fixture. In the UK Clwb Pêl Droed Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch v Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Indeed. I was genuinely struggling to reconcile the thread title to the "number of letters" game but it seems the intention was good old fashiond sexism after all.

*puts away thread title editor*
Sexism is never or was in my mind at all.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here