Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you like Richarlison to play for the Albion?

Would you like Richarlison to play for the Albion?

• Yes - happy for him to be our ****

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • No - I want him to remain some other club's ****

Votes: 109 66.9%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Purely hypothetical, obviously, but prompted by this post: https://www.northstandchat.com/show...h-the-fans&p=10085600&viewfull=1#post10085600

I think there are two broad categories of horrible players...

1. He's an utter ****, but if he played for us, he'd be our ****.
2. He's an utter **** and I would never want him to play for us.

Richarlison is a Category 2 **** for me, all day long. I'd never want to see him in the sacred stripes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably option #2.

But #1 all day long if the alternative is £40m spent on players who may never play for the first XI.

It would be nice to sing a player from South America who isn't for the future.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
To me he is the footballing personification of a camel. Bored, disinterested until he believes he's been wronged at which point it's time to spit, huff and stomp. Such a boring player and mightily frustrating to watch. £52m?! What a joke.

Clearly therefore option 2 for me Clive.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's the attitude that's the problem. Someone like Murray or Maupay (or Vardy etc.) is clearly someone who winds up opposition fans but has a great attitude and works hard for the team.

Richarlison is a lazy **** as well as a **** in general. Do not want.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Yep - have you noticed our need for reinforcements up front?

I don't like his on-field persona at all, but have heard (read) a lot of positive stuff about him as a person off the pitch. He's very humble and does loads of stuff for charity and pursued football singlemindedly from a pretty disadvantaged background.

There's a decent article on him in the Athletic https://theathletic.com/1978843/2020/08/07/richarlison-story-everton-brazil-no9/

A snippet from it:
He was only a teenager, still just a ripple on the surface of the Brazilian game, but he had just agreed his first sponsorship deal with Nike. So they sent him tracksuits, training kit, shoes and boots, all shiny and box-fresh.

It would have been an exciting moment for any young player; for Richarlison, who had been selling ice lollies on dirt roads just a couple of years prior, it must have felt completely surreal. In the circumstances, he would have been forgiven for feeling a swell of pride, or even lording it over his team-mates. But no, that wasn’t Richarlison. Richarlison had other plans.

Quietly, he retreated to his room. He took all of his old clothes and stuffed them into a suitcase, then walked out of the main gate. The other kids in the dormitory had no idea what he was up to; when he returned, a couple of hours later, he still wouldn’t tell them. The truth only emerged later, after much pestering from his room-mate.

Richarlison had taken his belongings into town, to the centre of Belo Horizonte, and handed them out to homeless people. “He gave them everything, including the suitcase,” recalls Guilherme Xavier, one of his closest friends from the time.

It is a story to warm an Arctic soul. It is also entirely representative of Richarlison’s personality.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
D63AFD72-801A-4319-9038-D823D620D491.gif

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I couldn't work out why he is permanently Mr.Angry, so I read his back story.

Now I get it a bit more, but still doesn't excuse it.

I wouldn't want him, as his petulance on the pitch is clearly more of a hindrance to his team than a help.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
All day.

I like how "would you take this Brazilian national team striker or not?" is a reasonable question however.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep - have you noticed our need for reinforcements up front?

I don't like his on-field persona at all, but have heard (read) a lot of positive stuff about him as a person off the pitch. He's very humble and does loads of stuff for charity and pursued football singlemindedly from a pretty disadvantaged background.

There's a decent article on him in the Athletic https://theathletic.com/1978843/2020/08/07/richarlison-story-everton-brazil-no9/

A snippet from it:
He was only a teenager, still just a ripple on the surface of the Brazilian game, but he had just agreed his first sponsorship deal with Nike. So they sent him tracksuits, training kit, shoes and boots, all shiny and box-fresh.

It would have been an exciting moment for any young player; for Richarlison, who had been selling ice lollies on dirt roads just a couple of years prior, it must have felt completely surreal. In the circumstances, he would have been forgiven for feeling a swell of pride, or even lording it over his team-mates. But no, that wasn’t Richarlison. Richarlison had other plans.

Quietly, he retreated to his room. He took all of his old clothes and stuffed them into a suitcase, then walked out of the main gate. The other kids in the dormitory had no idea what he was up to; when he returned, a couple of hours later, he still wouldn’t tell them. The truth only emerged later, after much pestering from his room-mate.

Richarlison had taken his belongings into town, to the centre of Belo Horizonte, and handed them out to homeless people. “He gave them everything, including the suitcase,” recalls Guilherme Xavier, one of his closest friends from the time.

It is a story to warm an Arctic soul. It is also entirely representative of Richarlison’s personality.

It's almost as if there's more to a player than what we see for 90 minutes, once a week.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Richarlison is in a box with my other ***** Barton, Bremner, Lorimer, Mackay, Dicks, etc etc

SAC

May 21, 2014
Why would anyone want a young striker who scores (on average) a goal every three matches?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He’s a talented footballer and also good in the air.

I absolutely would take him of the chance was given. Don’t care if he looks sulky or not, he could be a DJ as far as I care (assuming he performs on the pitch!)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
No from me, although he would enable the moaners at the Amex to get a new player to focus on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here