Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Sussex Country Hotel/Spa Breaks – Recommendations?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
Other half's big birthday coming up, so looking for a nice Sussex hotel, country setting, acres of grounds, spa facilities, etc, you know the sort of thing. Been to Ashdown Park – ticked most boxes but spa a bit limited.

So, time to ask the great and the good of NSC for your esteemed suggestions. Where's best?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Best two places I’ve stayed are South Lodge, Lower Beeding. Amberley Castle, but no Spa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have only eaten at one of the restaurants here but it is in a lovely setting and I think it would probably fit what the OP is looking for

https://www.exclusive.co.uk/south-lodge/

Edit I see [MENTION=28061]Nitram[/MENTION] has already suggested it

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Another vote for south lodge , ( lovely but expensive ) bailiffs court is also very nice as is ockendon manor and they are a bit more reasonably priced . I found Alexander house a bit soulless personally .

On a par with south lodge but with even better food is chewton glen ( not sure of spelling ) it’s a bit further afield in Hampshire & very expensive at around £850 per night without breakfast ! But it is lovely . Is it worth double the cost of the other spa hotels , probably not .

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Goodwood

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here