Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Webster

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Last night was clearly the upper inside part of his left calf muscle. Withdrawal looked part precautionary, with all the fixtures coming up. Wait and see, but I would imagine minimum 3 weeks, so at least 6 fixtures.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Last night was clearly the upper inside part of his left calf muscle. Withdrawal looked part precautionary, with all the fixtures coming up. Wait and see, but I would imagine minimum 3 weeks, so at least 6 fixtures.

We have decent cover in that position.

We were very unlucky with the injuries last night though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Or, last night he slipped into a coma on Dr Nick's operating table and will never been seen again.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
All 3 will be missed from the side, but thinking pragmatically, we can replace them all with very good players.

The problem will come if 2 or 3 more go down, which can happen over the xmas period.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He’s a big miss. I prefer it when he is on the side.

When he is match fit he’s a great asset, however he seems to need 4 or 5 matches to get up to speed after a lay off, hence we’ve yet to see him at his best this season.

I’m also not so sure about his ball carrying. Yes he carries it out of defence, often brushing aside lightweight forwards but very little comes of it and I sort of think teams are happy to let him do it. It takes him out of position when the turnover (a phrase I dislike) takes place.

Webster’s injury record is a worry. Luckily we have Veltman and Duffy who are indestructible, plus Burn who plays better as cover than he does as a regular.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We have decent cover in that position.

We were very unlucky with the injuries last night though.

Indeed, the fact that we suffered several injuries last night and had to play the last part of the game with only ten men seems to have largely gone unmentioned in here.

With Saturday's game almost upon us l don't know how many of them will have time to recover.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Agreed - it does seem like Webster seems quite susceptible to injuries that often mean fairly lengthy lay offs - even having a quick look at Portsmouth and Bristol City he had a few stints of missing chunks of game with them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Webster wasn’t having a bad game but strangely I thought we felt more solid in defence with Duffy on,

they posed a big physical threat Duffy is the best player to deal with that , probably should have started.

His pass forward to Lamptey was simple and forward , no mucking about and perfectly weighted.

We are lucky that GP has realised his value.

Yes webster does carry the ball forward better but that will mean one of the midfield will have to assume that role more.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
they posed a big physical threat Duffy is the best player to deal with that , probably should have started.

His pass forward to Lamptey was simple and forward , no mucking about and perfectly weighted.

We are lucky that GP has realised his value.

Yes webster does carry the ball forward better but that will mean one of the midfield will have to assume that role more.

Webster messing about with the ball in our own box does worry me at times, one misdirected short pass, or being robbed of the ball, can lead to disaster. It very nearly happened last night.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Webster's prowess at carrying the ball forward is often undone by his tendency to push it too far in front of him, getting dispossessed and out of position. He still does it.

Teams let him do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here