Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Madness supported by Squeeze at Brighton Centre next Tuesday

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Can't go and have two tickets.

Happy with the face value of £40 each or best offer.

Usual Covid rules for the venue.

PM me please if interested

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Madness are ok but Squeeze are far classier. Especially if you get Defford AND Tilbrook in the lineup.

POSKETT AT THE VALLEY

Jan 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Travesty

It’s a travesty that Madness aren’t supporting Squeeze to be honest. Suggs voice if he ever had one has long since gone. Seen Squeeze several times over the years and whereas they are still spot on, Madness are simply going through the motions.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It’s a travesty that Madness aren’t supporting Squeeze to be honest. Suggs voice if he ever had one has long since gone. Seen Squeeze several times over the years and whereas they are still spot on, Madness are simply going through the motions.

I'd always enjoyed Madness live until I saw them at Victorious festival this summer. One of the worst dialled in performances I've ever witnessed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe just me but that’s an odd combination. I could see myself leaving once the support act had finished if I were going :smile:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Madness gigs just before Christmas, what a surprise…
Their gigs don’t have the edge anymore, the only edge provided at the gig is from fat, bald fifty year old pissed up angry blokes, pretending they have always liked Madness…

Last good gig they did was Finsbury Park back in the 90s and that wasn’t a patch on a small gig they did prior to a comeback in Camden as the dangermen

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Talking about madness - I saw the Hives in Portsmouth last night - now they were totally bonkers

20211202_211736.jpg

Attachments

• 20211202_210756.jpg
    20211202_210756.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Saw them at the Art College, around 1980/81, it was MAYHEM. Probably one of my top 10 gigs.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Talking about madness - I saw the Hives in Portsmouth last night - now they were totally bonkers

View attachment 142522

They are good, saw them about 4 years ago, they played a psychobilly 4 day festival in Barcelona.

They usually put on a couple of bands that are different from psychobilly that shows the influences to the music style & to mix it up, in the past they have put on during the festival Toy Dolls, Bad Manners, Sonics, The Business, Drop Kick Murphy's, Rancid and the Coral.

been every year bar 2 in it's 26 year history

God I am missing that festival, damn covid,

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Madness was one of my first bands as a kid, wasn't allowed to go to the BC aged 10 in 1981 and have never seen them live. . . not sure I'd want to now, unless maybe at a festival, but I don't begrudge them having a pension party to earn a crust and it entertains many I'm sure.

very easy to be too critical in hindsight, but they have written great songs, and are a great band, as have/are Squeeze, just from a different standpoint.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Love both squeeze and Madness. Squeeze have lasted better. Tilbrooks voice is utterly amazing for his age. They supported Hall and Oates on an American tour this summer and so many fans left wondering why they werent top of the bill - and that came from H&O fans

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here