Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter celebrating with the fans.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Clearly a point made by potter at full time. Big old fist bumps and a long old applause taking in the plaudits.

Sure he did it in response to his comments last week. As in I know it wasn’t you lot.

Anyway hopefully a line can be drawn underneath it. Good result 3 points Saturday makes for a great week. We owe saints one as well.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Clearly a point made by potter at full time. Big old fist bumps and a long old applause taking in the plaudits.

Sure he did it in response to his comments last week. As in I know it wasn’t you lot.

Anyway hopefully a line can be drawn underneath it. Good result 3 points Saturday makes for a great week. We owe saints one as well.

True but I think it's a big ask to expect home support to be similar to away support. It is not like this at many grounds. It's a risk if he divides the fans into home bad/ away good.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I did actually think, that looked a bit like a goodbye, especially as the camera followed him as he walked back to the tunnel and seemed to wipe something from his eye…

:(

I’d be devastated

In a list of unlikely things that have happened with the Albion that would trump the shock when Virgo went to Celtic

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The relationship between Potter and the players is very special. Biss cites Potter as a father figure, criticise his sons and he’s taking you down!

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I did actually think, that looked a bit like a goodbye, especially as the camera followed him as he walked back to the tunnel and seemed to wipe something from his eye…

:(

I’d be devastated

Not half as devastated as the Everton faithful if you read Grandoldteam. Potter is suggested but is always shot down by the majority. Potter would NEVER get the time to rebuild Everton.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
True but I think it's a big ask to expect home support to be similar to away support. It is not like this at many grounds. It's a risk if he divides the fans into home bad/ away good.

Home or away, it is always the empty vessels that make the most noise. A real charmer of a West Ham fan walking to the stadium give a solo performance of his Spurs abuse repertoire, whilst his 6 year old ran alongside him and occasionally joined in. Plus a couple of mouthy sods near me holding Potter personally accountable for conceding the early goal and apparently we have a team of C-bombs who don't know how to pass the ball forward.

All clubs have them. There are sadly too many people in life who already know everything there is to know, so all they have left in life is to share their wisdom with anyone within earshot. None of which should distract from a great night out an emotional roller coaster of a game with a tremendous finale.

Make no mistake we are NOT entitled to go to West Ham and get a result. Defensively they are very sound, they break fast and carry a real threat in the air. We played through losing three players to injury and 10 minutes with 10 men, needed a string of amazing saves from Big Bob and a wonder strike from Maupay to earn a point. G Potts and the boys should soak this up. This was a hard won point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just saying goodbye before Everton come calling, maybe.

Another ownership basket-case with board infighting and no clear strategy. GP wouldn’t touch the job. Their fans will want ‘one of their own’ after Rafa. It’ll be Ferguson or Rooney IMO.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Home or away, it is always the empty vessels that make the most noise. A real charmer of a West Ham fan walking to the stadium give a solo performance of his Spurs abuse repertoire, whilst his 6 year old ran alongside him and occasionally joined in. Plus a couple of mouthy sods near me holding Potter personally accountable for conceding the early goal and apparently we have a team of C-bombs who don't know how to pass the ball forward.

All clubs have them. There are sadly too many people in life who already know everything there is to know, so all they have left in life is to share their wisdom with anyone within earshot. None of which should distract from a great night out an emotional roller coaster of a game with a tremendous finale.

Make no mistake we are NOT entitled to go to West Ham and get a result. Defensively they are very sound, they break fast and carry a real threat in the air. We played through losing three players to injury and 10 minutes with 10 men, needed a string of amazing saves from Big Bob and a wonder strike from Maupay to earn a point. G Potts and the boys should soak this up. This was a hard won point.

Had a group near me who’s response to any mistake on the pitch was to loudly proclaim‘Maupay is ****ing ****’, ‘Webster is ****ing ****’ etc etc. Absolutely tedious.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Another ownership basket-case with board infighting and no clear strategy. GP wouldn’t touch the job. Their fans will want ‘one of their own’ after Rafa. It’ll be Ferguson or Rooney IMO.

Exactly. Absolutely nothing to see here. No way would he go to 'little club' Everton.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We are a F*cking good side, no one can tell me otherwise.

I am an extremely happy Brighton fan, I have never enjoyed watching us so much.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
GP deserves all the plaudits that he can soak up.
This guy has come in and revolutionised our club.
Irrespective of the booing from the home support, the gaffer will always get real support from the Albion away fans, no matter what the result is.
It's always been that way with the Albion.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The moaning and negativity at the Amex are largely from the newbie fans that have only ever seen the Albion as a very good side ( post 2011 ). You only have to listen to conversations in the queues etc to hear some right **** witery. Potter is right to call it out but wrong to tar all with the same brush.

Away from home support is decent. You got more moans about anti social behavior but this often goes hand in hand with passion and realism for what we are .

Could be a good chance for the non negatives to start calling out some of these twats in future

Self Police the un-educated

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

Absolutely...this was a point to savour for a long time :albion2:

el punal

I think some of you are going way off beam here. In the end we got a really unlikely point with everything going against us. Down to ten men battling for everything and then Maupay’s superb effort in the 89th minute. Potter’s reaction when we scored and then seeing the team hanging on with total commitment must have made him, and all of us, feel euphoric.

I don’t think for one second he’s going to jump ship - certainly not to Everton, a club that’s now installed a revolving door to the manager’s office. Poisoned chalice club along with Man Utd, Newcastle, Spurs and possibly Arsenal and Villa in that category.

Fingers crossed I’m right. :ohmy:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just saying goodbye before Everton come calling, maybe.

Oh what nonsense, first according to NSC, Potter was heading for White Hart Lane to replace Mourinho, (or was it Nuno? . . . both probably), then as he was a Brummie he was bound to go to Aston Villa wasn't he? Now it would seem he is nailed on to become the new manager of Everton.

Those fist pumps and celebrating with the fans was nothing unusual, particularly after securing a point away from home at Wet Sham with a late equaliser.

el punal

The moaning and negativity at the Amex are largely from the newbie fans that have only ever seen the Albion as a very good side ( post 2011 ). You only have to listen to conversations in the queues etc to hear some right **** witery. Potter is right to call it out but wrong to tar all with the same brush.

Away from home support is decent. You got more moans about anti social behavior but this often goes hand in hand with passion and realism for what we are .

Could be a good chance for the non negatives to start calling out some of these twats in future

Self Police the un-educated

No worries there - I will personally admonish and point many fingers at those who unfairly and unjustly have a go at our team. My tongue will be a whiplash of correction, believe me. punish:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here