Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings West Ham - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rob Sanchez 8 - could have done something else on the goal but it is also a great corner and movement from Soucek. Either way he compensates with plenty of very good saves.

Joel Veltman 5 - targeted by West Ham and did not have a fun night, also a lot of poor passes.

Adam Webster 6 - looked fine when he was on. Hopefully nothing serious.

Lewis Dunk 7 - normal Dunk performance.

Marc Cucurella 7 - good runs, some decent defending, good day at the job without really shining.

Yves Bissouma 7 - pretty meh in the first half but started to take more responsibility and carry the ball more in the second.

Jakub Moder 6 - some brilliance but also lost possession way too often and gave West Ham some dangerous counters.

Adam Lallana 7 - worked hard, couple of neat passes. Missed another great chance. Pretty good overall.

Leandro Trossard 4 - one of his worst performances in the Brighton shirt and could barely get a 10 meter pass right. Hopefully back to his new normal against Southampton. Feels a bit harsh a night like this but he was very bad imo.

Jeremy Sarmiento n/a - poor guy. Hope he gets well (and a new chance) quick.

Neal Maupay 9 - workhorse, playmaker and goal scorer all in one little big man

Subs

Shane Duffy 7 - did not have fun on counters and gave the ball away once but did a good job.

Solly March 7 - had a reasonably productive night, some nice passes but also some unnecessary ball losses.

Tariq Lamptey 8 - standard Lamptey stuff.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 6
Veltman 5
Cucurella 7
Dunk 7
Webster 6
Bissouma 8 MotM
Moder 6
Lallana 7
Sarmiento na
Trossard 6
Maupay 7

Duffy 7
March 6
Lamptey 7

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 6.5- Looked all at sea first half but pulled off some big saves in the second to redeem himself. I'll admit my comments on his recent form were churlish in the match thread, but he does need to get to grips with the basics again.

Veltman 5.5 Pretty poor again today. Some very sloppy passing.

Webster 6- Fine when he was on. Bloody gutted if he is going to be out for a while again.

Dunk 7.5 Did well in the air against tough opponent's today and played some lovely passes. It's hard to ever give him anything other than 'typical Dunk performance' because he is just so consistently good.

Duffy 7- Also did well, seems to be doing much better technically this season.

Cucurella 6- A bit erratic at times but mostly solid. Crossing wasn't up to much first half.

Bissouma 7 Did well in a tough physical battle, nice little burst into their box as well in the second half.

Moder 6- I really rate Moder but he didn't have his best game tonight. Not poor but not good.

Lallana 6- Kept things ticking over without doing anything extraordinary. Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, gutted for him.

March 6 Just took a little too long to release the ball in promising positions. Always dependable though and not a bad performance by any means.

Trossard 5- Didn't get a sniff. They obviously knew he was our main attacking outlet and were all over him as soon as he got the ball.

Maupay 8.5- Even without the goal he was MoM in my opinion. His work rate and creativity was superb, the goal was an absolute stunner.

Lamptey 8- He did get shrugged off the ball a few times but the run and cross for the assist was excellent. The way he kept the ball when three WHU players we're chasing him on the byline towards the end was quality.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Sanchez 6 - Hard to score. At sea for both the goal and the disallowed goal. as Green pointed out he punched with the wrong hand (should have cleared his way with his right and punched with his left). some dodgy kicking first half. Then produced several excellent second half saves (3?)
Veltman 6 - started brightly but then looked a bit ponderous but no major errors I can remember
Cucurella 7 - steady and a great off the line chest off
Dunk 7 - good captain's performancce
Webster 7 - bright start, surging runs (although one went badly wrong) then injured
Bissouma 8 - so calm and clever
Moder 6 - got into good positions and then didn't play a good ball. Would have scored if not for the keepers back bollock saving it, unlucky
Lallana 7 - some lovely spins and touches then tired
Sarmiento 7 - looked bright, sad to see a bad looking injury
Trossard 5 - never noticed him, whether that was due to close marking or tiredness, dunno
Maupay 8 - MOTM not just because of an outstanding goal but also some great runs, one twos and layoffs. I have been thinking he's only Championship quality recently but this was a great performance. So hope that scoring a worldly really boosts him

Duffy 7 - smooth performance
March 6 - did well enough
Lamptey 7.5 - great cameo, added real threat and a good cross for the goal, obviously frightened them

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez - 6

Veltman - 6
Dunk - 6
Webster - 6
Cucurella - 7

Sarmiento - n/a
Bissouma - 8 - MOM
Moder - 6
Lallana - 6
Trossard - 6

Maupay - 7

March - 6
Duffy - 6
Lamptey - 7

Scoring Dunk less than 7 should be banned! That goes for any game.
Other than that, pretty much as I saw it.
Sarmiento ��

Stumpy Tim

Lallana and Bissouma were tremendous for us, as was Rice for them. Great midfield battle!

Sanchez - 6. Great shot stopper, dodgy on crosses

Veltman - 4. The worst I've seen him! Couldn't pass it further than 5 yards.
Dunk - 7
Webster - 7
Cucurella - 7

Sarmiento - n/a
Bissouma - 8 - Class act
Moder - 6
Lallana - 8. He was excellent... wish he could shoot
Trossard - 5. Picked up in the last 15 minutes but surprisingly quiet.

Maupay - 7

March - 7. Thought he looked dangerous
Duffy - 7
Lamptey - 7

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Lallana and Bissouma were tremendous for us, as was Rice for them. Great midfield battle!

Sanchez - 6. Great shot stopper, dodgy on crosses

Veltman - 4. The worst I've seen him! Couldn't pass it further than 5 yards.
Dunk - 7
Webster - 7
Cucurella - 7

Sarmiento - n/a
Bissouma - 8 - Class act
Moder - 6
Lallana - 8. He was excellent... wish he could shoot
Trossard - 5. Picked up in the last 15 minutes but surprisingly quiet.

Maupay - 7

March - 7. Thought he looked dangerous
Duffy - 7
Lamptey - 7

I thought that was the best midfield performance i've seen against us this season. They'll do well to keep him

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
Anyone know what game John Aizlewood of The Daily Telegraph was watching. To quote "Cucuella and Veltman were struggling" "Trosssard was a peripheral figure" "Bissouma never quite engaged" and Fornals and Bowen were too quick for ponderous Brighton. Top rating was Moder and Maupay with 7 whilst everyone else got 5 or 6. Maybe I'm biased, but this wasn't the game I went to.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Anyone know what game John Aizlewood of The Daily Telegraph was watching. To quote "Cucuella and Veltman were struggling" "Trosssard was a peripheral figure" "Bissouma never quite engaged" and Fornals and Bowen were too quick for ponderous Brighton. Top rating was Moder and Maupay with 7 whilst everyone else got 5 or 6. Maybe I'm biased, but this wasn't the game I went to.

The bloke is talking B******

Stumpy Tim

He's right about Veltman and Trossard to be fair

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 6 I know good saves at end but for much of time very poor. Poor distribution could have led to goals
Veltman 6 So many of there attacks especially in first half were on his side but coped ok
Webster 6 OK until went off
Duffy 7 Good
Dunk 7 Defended well but still think unlike Webster slows down play and responsible for so many passes to keeper
Cucurella 7 Good much prefer him at FB and getting forward when can. We dont usually defend post at corners but good job he did at end
Bissouma 7 Good game
Lalana 6 Did ok but why cant he shoot.
Moder 7 Certainly getting in and around box more so hope goals will come
Trossard 5 Just couldnt understand we were one down and he was playing so deep.
Maupay 7 Didnt think had a great game but boy what a goal and pass to Moder.
March 6 Defends well but like Knocky in attack has become a one trick man even when one to one on defender instead of driving on stops to get on left foot

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
West Ham identified Trossard as our biggest threat and made sure they marked him out of the game.

He's getting low marks on here but don't forget he should have an assist with the lovely bit of play where he was surrounded by players and drew them all in to set up Lallana who should have scored..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here