Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Tonight

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Football, bloody hell. Is there every a more stark example of villain to hero!

A thoroughly deserved point. I’m not sure we deserved more given their goal that was chalked off (I’d have been fuming if that was us) and hitting the bar along with a few good Big Bob saves. Anyway positives:

1. Tremendous character given the opponents and down to ten men.
2. The Maupay goal, hopefully gives him the confidence boost he needs.
3. Bissouma seemed closer to his best tonight, good running with the ball.
4. Duffy was strong and will now be back in which I like.
5. One point gained on the tracker and up to 7th.
6. Hopefully puts all that media driven boo nonsense to bed.
7. Sanchez, despite looking flappy at corners made some important saves towards the end and should help his confidence.

A good night!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Got home quickly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There isn’t an Albion fan alive or dead that has seen Brighton in a better league position on 01 December of any year EVER

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Duffy was superb. Gross turn in the first half, and then a Dunk-esque diagonal ball in the second.

I also thought some of Moder's running, link-up play, and neat through balls was exciting for the future. He and March seem to click.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Got away with giving Lamptey a bit of a rest prior to Southampton.

Groß is fine next to Biss so Lallana may not be missed that much (his shooting certainly won’t).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Maupay scores a belter.
Confidence restored.
Goal fest incoming?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We scored a bloody goal! Finally!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Think this result could mean a lot, just like the 3-3 against Wolves last year. Boost in confidence because psychologically I think it will feel kind of like a win.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
All Maupay had to do to get his scoring mojo back on track was get a lucky deflection off his arse cheek. Anything.

But instead, he has to go and do THAT. Typical Frenchman :rolleyes:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
There isn’t an Albion fan alive or dead that has seen Brighton in a better league position on 01 December of any year EVER

That sounds like a history lesson...

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
Think this result could mean a lot, just like the 3-3 against Wolves last year. Boost in confidence because psychologically I think it will feel kind of like a win.
Swansman you could well be right.#together as 1

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Didn't give up and against all odds snatched a point when the game looked up, very proud of the team spirit and over the moon for Maupay.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
7. Sanchez, despite looking flappy at corners made some important saves towards the end and should help his confidence.

Not sure you can count him as a positive to be honest. At fault for the goal that stood, at fault for the goal that didn’t and spilled a routine one that nearly cost us a goal.

Did make a cracking save from Rice I’ll give you but keepers can’t be making ricks like he did tonight. Been a few of them this season which is slightly concerning.

Thought Maupay was excellent despite the early miss and Bissouma looked back to his normal self.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
My other half went up town to London Bridge earlier and saw a load of Albion on the tube absolutely
wankered and she said the whole tube was singing and stunk of booze.

That was a result!!!! UTA

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire

But on 8 December 1981 we went 6th after a 2-0 win at the Dell and ! was there when we hit 7th after winning 1-0 at Highfield Road on 30 January of the same season.

And I'm still alive !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here